Skip to main content
Topic: Just a reminder.... (Read 2091 times) previous topic - next topic

Just a reminder....

remember.... :america:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Re: Just a reminder....

Reply #1
The sad thing is, I fear that in a few years kids won't know the significance of December 7th.  It was an extra credit question on my Policing final exam today.  I'd like to know how many people got it right.

Reply #2
Can you take this opportunity to enlighten the ignorant, and also the Canadians on the signifigance of December 7th?

Reply #3
Today is the day the puppiesanese attacked Pearl Harbor bringing the U.S. into WWII.
2000 Jaguar XK8 Convertible - 4.0L DOHC V8 (AJ27)
2018 Ford Explorer - 3.5L DOHC V6 (Duratec 35)
1999 Mercury Grand Marquis - 4.6L SOHC V8 (Modular)
1987 Mercury Cougar LS - 5.0L V8 (Windsor) [SOLD in 2009]

Reply #4
Ahh.. Understood. I'm sure if i paid attention in history class.. or watched the movie "pearl harbor" I woulda known that.

Reply #5
Nobody bothered mentioning Dec 6th though...

Dec 6th, 1917, was the day of the Halifax explosion. Two ships (the Imo and the Mont Blanc) collided in Halifax Harbour and the resulting explosion and tidal wave killed over 2000 people, injured thousands more, completely levelled the city's north end leaving scores homeless, and to top it off, was immediately followed by a blizzard. One of the ships was carrying munitions for the first world war effort. Some people say it was sabotage. Regardless, it was the biggest man made explosion in history up until the first A-bomb was detonated. It was our own "Sept 11", decades before Sept 11 had and significance.

We still provide the city of Boston with a Christmas tree every year by way of thanks for the help they afforded us following that disaster. :canada:
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #6
Quote from: Thunder Chicken
Nobody bothered mentioning Dec 6th though...

Yeah, I visited Halifax last year and saw an exhibit on the Halifax Explosion. The pictures of the aftermath were quite awesome. It looked like Hiroshima or Nagasaki after the A-bomb was dropped. Hard to believe conventional munitions did all that.

Below is a pretty neat website about Pearl Harbor.
http://plasma.nationalgeographic.com/pearlharbor/

Reply #7
Did you know that the Halifax explosion was studied by the people developing the A-bomb?