Skip to main content
Topic: One owner ’88 LS in SW VA for sale (Read 3541 times) previous topic - next topic

One owner ’88 LS in SW VA for sale

As much as I hate to do it, I am putting my one owner ’88 LS up for sale. I’m sure that one day I will kick myself for selling it, but right now I can’t stand to see the effects of her just sitting slowly taking effect. I have always wanted to restore her, but for the foreseeable future I will neither have the money or a facility in which to do so. I would rather sale her and see somebody use her and fix her up than to watch the ravages of time work on her.

Like I said, I bought her new in ’88 and have driven her until we moved in 2008. Since then she has been sitting in my brother’s garage until recently and now she is sitting out behind his garage in southwest VA.

The car is still solid and runs good, but as with any well used (and maintained) vehicle, she isn’t perfect. For some reason, I have had a hard time getting the O-ring on the tranny dipstick to seal after replacing the flex plate, so there is a leak there. There are small dents ahead and behind the doors from my daughters, the driver’s seat frame broke a few years ago (on the left side of the backrest) but the seat is still functional and just leans back a little on the left side. The paint was peeling, so I sanded it down to the factory primer and painted flat black over it for protection, so she needs a paint job too and lastly she needs a set of tires. Fix the tranny leak, throw a new set of tires on her and you could probably drive it anywhere.

Low retail according to NADA is $1600, so let’s start out asking $1000 and see what happens.

Reply #1
No interest?

Reply #2
Sounds like a decent deal. I just don't have the extra $$.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #3
IMHO It is hard to take any seller seriously when they don't provide pictures. Good luck with sale!

P.S. SW VA is very broad location. Just trying to help you.
...and there was light!

Reply #4
I'll give my brother a call and try to get some pictures up soon. Also the car is near Salem Va.

Reply #5
Sorry for the delay in getting the pics up but here's a few. She ain't pretty, but she is still solid and runs great.

Reply #6
Still for sale.

Had some local interest, but they wanted me to finance it for them. Come on, if you can't se up a grand and the bank won't finance it for you, what makes you think that I will? Dontcha just love Crag's list buyers.

Reply #7
crazy people, you must be a bank or something since your all rich and selling cars!

Reply #8
Still available. Any interest at $800?

Reply #9
No interest at all?

Reply #10
I'm VERY VERY interested in buying some small interior parts off that car, I have a cinnabar interior and can never find parts
1988 Cougar LS - Cinnabar/Rose Quartz Metallic two tone - 3.8 V6 - Rescue
1988 Cougar LS - Cinnabar/Rose Quartz Metallic two tone - 5.0 V8 - Survivor

Reply #11
I talked to my little bro about it and he says I can't part it out at his place (350 miles away from me). My nephew wants to buy it but his mom says no because there's no room in her garage and her HOA has an appearance clause for vehicles. Soooo, she's still for sale.

Reply #12
Which motor, how many miles?  Underhood pics?  The more details and pics, the better chance of a sale.

Good luck,
Don
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

Parted & Gone-'88 T-bird Sport, 351W swap, ported GT40 heads

Reply #13
It has a 3.6, mileage is 210k on the car and about 80k on the engine and transmission. I'll work on getting some under hood pics soon.

Reply #14
I like the rear decklid. If you send it to the sper, can you take that off first?