Skip to main content
Topic: Evolution II.....SEFI upgrade ..... updated 10-23-2015 (Read 117724 times) previous topic - next topic

Evolution II.....SEFI upgrade ..... updated 10-23-2015

Reply #15
Thanks, I'll do my best Eric.
The top replacement should be coming soon. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #16
Remember Jerry, there's a certified top installer according to that site in Niagara Falls here :)

Reply #17
Quote from: daminc;270542
the coolest part, is the way the back window slopes back. It changes the entire look of the car

I know...makes me want one... :(
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #18
Wow nice project Jerry. I can't wait to see your progress.  I'm glad someone like yourself has this car and will fix it right.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #19
Post some pics after you remove the interior and we'll see what you have, or "don't have" so to speak.

Will do. I guess I could start a thread with what pics I already took. The dash wont be hard (jinx) to get out so I can remove those vents.

@ Chuck W.

Did you get that turbo 4 put back together? I bought some motor mounts from you about 3 years ago ( I live on the west side) and I saw it but it was still on a stand.

Reply #20
So what are the engine plans for this one?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #21
I have no real plans for it right now. It leaves rubber just fine the way it is. :burnout:
Besides, who wants to go light speed in something with no roof.

I'll just clean it up and make it pretty
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #22
here's a pic after I cleaned it up.
Not bad seeing the car was from IL.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #23
man, it still baffles me why they have AC on a convertible.....  :confused:

Reply #24
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;272241

I actually used it while the top was down. It gets real hot sitting at a signal. :hick:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #25
Quote from: daminc;272242
I actually used it while the top was down. It gets real hot sitting at a signal. :hick:

LOL, try that in a black car with one window down cause your passenger side motor doesnt like the heat, in pants and long sleeves. Going to try and fit the A/C this summer though.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #26
The engine bay looks good. You may want to do a stock HO conversion to the 'Vert ie SEFI HO ;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #27
Quote from: daminc;272242

lol plus the wind gets coold down on those hot dry days and feels o so good ....tear
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #28
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;272241

A/C was standard on the LS, so that's why mine had it. The PEP packages usually included A/C also, and those were popular back in the day. I really can't recall seeing a convertible without factory air, in fact. However the cars were shipped to Car Craft, that's how they chopped them. :)

When I first got my convertible in '96 the A/C worked great. Then the next summer it lost the freon and I never fixed the system. It was kind of nice to have with the top up, I will admit that. Now that it's removed from the car, trips are very, very hot depending on the time of day I'm travelling. Sometimes I wish it was still in the car...

Reply #29
I gotta say very nice and under the hood looks alot like how my bird did when i brought her home. And is it just me or does she look like a bird when the tops up=]