Skip to main content
Topic: EPA approves E15 (Read 5160 times) previous topic - next topic

EPA approves E15

E15 approved for cars and light trucks 2007 and newer.

EPA approves E15

Reply #2
The problem is more corn, less milage.  GM and Ford have teamed up to fight it going to market.  On one hand the government demands more gas milage from cars and on the other hand they sabotage the effort with ethenol.
Armed Forces Car Club
Eastern Sierra Chapter, California
WEB:  armedforcescarclub.com

EPA approves E15

Reply #3
 ethanol.  Less power,less mileage, it breaks down quick in the tank and loses its octane rating.  Especially cars like my Cougar that I only fill up every 2 months or so.

I hate that .
Mike

EPA approves E15

Reply #4
yay for higher ethanol content in mah gasoline :/
is there any hope left for us who prefer unleaded gasoline in our cars...
"Beating the hell out of other peoples cars since 1999"
1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage
1984 Ford Mustang GT Turbo Convertible

EPA approves E15

Reply #5
yup but you need to live near me :) 1 county over i can get premium unleaded Pure no ethanol yummy

EPA approves E15

Reply #6
They sell CAM2 at a station right in town. Not that I would ever spend the money for it in the ford, but a lot of the classic 70's cars use it. my 72 Cutlass had heads from factory that didn't need the leaded gas, so I don't have to run it, but at that Sunoco station on a sunday afternoon many a classics are lined up.

EPA approves E15

Reply #7
Quote from: Silent-Er@sEr;346499
yup but you need to live near me :) 1 county over i can get premium unleaded Pure no ethanol yummy

weird, i read something about two years ago reguarding winsconson(i assume thats what the WI in your loc. is for) was pushing(trailblazing more like it) for %20 ethanol content in its gas by 2015.
"Beating the hell out of other peoples cars since 1999"
1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage
1984 Ford Mustang GT Turbo Convertible