Skip to main content
Topic: Wildhorse pass raceway last night (Read 2545 times) previous topic - next topic

Wildhorse pass raceway last night

Well ran a 12.70 @ 110 not what I wanted but still had a good time and it was the fastest the car has been I have some tuning and transmission bugs to work out. This pass I was running a 125 shot off the line with 10 psi you can see the front end lift slightly once I hit the nitrous. The track was packed only got two passes before 11 pm.

https://youtu.be/In3AXTyY0B8

Reply #1
Looks and sounds great!
"I put my foot in my tank and I began to roll." Chuck Berry

Reply #2
Thanks, I wish I wouldn't have had to race that Honda you'd be able to hear my car better. I wanted to race a coyote mustang that was behind me but it didn't work out. At some point I plan on getting a GoPro and a nicer camera on the sidelines so it's not so blurry.

But nitrous is expensive.

Reply #3
I know you were hoping for more but it is till better than last 12.95.  Good job. 
What were your 60' this time?
1988 Thunderbird TC, 5spd
Stinger 3" single exhaust, Cone Filter, Adjustable Cam Pulley, Schneider roller cam, Walbro 255 lph, AEM Wideband O2
'93 Mustang Cobra replica wheels on 235/50R17

'21 F150 Powerboost
'17 Husqvarna TX300

Reply #4
This time I had a 1.99 60ft also not my best but usually I run a 150 shot and I'm still trying to figure out my nitrous controller turns out a .2 second delay is too much when I need everything bit of spray I can get off the line. I had planned on putting in the Jets for a 150 shot but as I was swapping them at the track I dropped my 62 nitrous jet and my car swallowed it haha so now I have one on order.

Reply #5
What convertor are you running Dog?  How is your timing pulled during the pass? Or do you just set initial and lock the computer out ?

Reply #6
I have a 2500 Hughes converter in it currently also recently switched to a  6AL-2 MSD box for the launch control it has, which this trip was my first time using it at the track. I set up the timing tables myself and I have disabled the computer from using anything else but the table I specified so I don't have to worry about it advancing or retarding and I know what the timing will be at any given load and rpm, usually pull about 2 degrees per 50 shot and slowly advance it if I get enough passes. I always run 50/50 91 and 110 octane so I can advance it more to try and squeeze every tenth out of it.

X

This is the timing I had in it for that pass. Which I'm sure I could have added and gone faster if I had more passes.

Reply #7
X

This is the nitrous progression next time it will be at .1 sec delay and I may hold a higher shot longer. The turbo loved the spike.

Reply #8
Ok, so your wastegate is at 10 or 11# right? With the spray aren't you pretty much all in on the boost by 4K ?

Also, I thought you were hitting it on dry and letting the progressive kill most of it off before your peak torque. But after looking at your engine pic in the other thread I see now its a fogger nozzle. I guess the distribution is working okay if your plugs look happy. I think I have an old NoS wet plate for the HO intake you should try.

Reply #9
So my wastegate is 12#s but I run the aem tru-boost with that controller you set the duty cycle of the solenoid that controls the wastegate so at 65% it gives me around 10 psi depending on a lot of different factors.  The whole turbo setup is pretty new to me still I'm still working out all of the bugs. But yes as soon as the nitrous came on the boost actually went to 14#s and shut off my nitrous because I had the boost cutoff at 12#s in the nitrous controller. So it basically came on and shut right off. And the rest of the pass was at 10.5 psi

Reply #10
No it's a wet shot fogger, and yes it should kill most of the shot. Between the start and where the nitrous starts to come down is 1.8 seconds you can see where it holds it at 16% duty cycle the rest of the pass which equates to about a 20 shot off of a 125 shot for intercooling but none of that happened on that pass because my boost spiked so high.

I would definitely be interested if you could find that plate have been considering running one of those if you're willing to sell it just PM me

Reply #11
Yeah with dual power adders its a lot of variables to tune down on. I wonder how equally the nitrous is spread out across the cylinders. Have you seen fairly consistent conditions from plug to plug when you've pulled them?

Edit: I'll def dig thru my nitrous tote in the garage when I get home and see if I still have it. Im up north for Thanksgiving for the week.

Reply #12
Yes I've always had a few miles on the plugs though when I check them. Haven't done an accurate test where I take one pass and then pull them all but I just changed to a colder plug and the plugs I took out were all pretty evenly brownish they had about 5 bottles run through them and about 500-750 miles worth of back and forth to work driving.

Cool thanks I appreciate that just let me know, Ive always wanted to try a plate and then I could run my water/meth through the fogger.