Skip to main content
Topic: Door panels (Read 1284 times) previous topic - next topic

Door panels

I’m trying to find some good door panels (Non-TC style). Looking for the style that has the map pockets “molded” to the panels, & the switches are in the arm rest I believe? Would like dark blue but can dye/paint if needed. Looking for complete panels. Thanks
Ray
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

Door panels

Reply #1
ISTLCRUZ,
I have some panels from an '87/'88 T-Bird Sport in red.  I just remember it was a V8 car with floor shift and buttstuffog gauges, if that helps.  I just bought it for parts.  I don't remember if they're the style you're looking for or not.  And I think I still have all the parts.  I'll confirm when I get home.  I haven't had the best luck in posting pics here, but I'll go look at them today and at least try to describe them to you.

Door panels

Reply #2
Fordman, sounds good. I thought the Sports had the TC style but I may be wrong. To me the TC style looked nice but didn’t hold up well.. Just Let me know. Thanks, Ray
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

Door panels

Reply #3
Next Saturday, I am bringing home an LX parts car that has the door panels you are looking for in Grey color. The interior in this car looks great! The Sport models do have the same interior as the Turbo coupes.

Door panels

Reply #4
50RACER,
  I thought the Sport panels were like TC but didn’t know if maybe it was an option? Seems there were all kinds of combinations for options back then. That being said once you have it home let me know ..( may be other parts needed as well)
Ray
 S O L D

Door panels

Reply #5
I have a set of blue ones out of an 87 and I think a set of grey ones. I can get pictures for you. The blue ones were mint when I put them in storage. I'll look tonight. I may have to wipe some dust off of them, but I bought them cheap, and I'd sell them for what I paid + shipping. Send me a PM if interested.

Door panels

Reply #6
JPC647... PM sent
 S O L D

Door panels

Reply #7
im at 304 772 3411

i have a set of red like you want off my son's 87 coug build

i agree with you these door panels are the best of all the makes we follow, they dont fall apart as easily

my 20th door panels are a complete disappointment,  so many mods to keep them together.

Door panels

Reply #8
TTT... Still looking
 S O L D

Door panels

Reply #9
Hang on for a few more weeks. This car ain't gettin' no bites. :)

Door panels

Reply #10
Quote from: 50RACER;466793
Hang on for a few more weeks. This car ain't gettin' no bites. :)

Will do, 50...  I thought it would have sold quickly. ?
 S O L D

Door panels

Reply #11
I am parting out a blue 88 Cougar LS with Blue Interior.
Same panels as an 88 Thunderbird Sport.
Door panels are nice but shipping from Canada will be expensive.
Original 1988 Cougar XR7 owner 200,000 miles and counting.

Door panels

Reply #12
ISTLCRUZ,
Did you ever get hooked up with the right panels?  I'd told you about a set of red Sport panels I had (but several thought they were the same as TC's).  I actually think my set are not the TC style, and are in fairly good shape.  I seem to be missing one of the armrest pads.  Besides that, I think they're pretty complete and in decent shape.  Let me know if you'd like to see them.  Later.