Skip to main content
Topic: Power Tour Prep! (Read 4002 times) previous topic - next topic

Power Tour Prep!

I had yesterday afternoon off so I gave the 'bird the old clay bar and wax treatment in preparation for Power Tour.  I polished the Cobra wheels a week or so ago too. 

I did end up getting a scare when I tried backing it out though.  It wouldn't crank over, but it was an easy fix as it simply ended up needing new battery terminals.  I'm glad that happened now and not out on the road somewhere!  I also replaced the Interstate battery that had been in the car since 2004!  It was still good as far as I could tell, I just didn't want to put my faith into it in the heat of summer while on a big road trip.

Another couple of weeks and I will be putting some serious miles on the ole girl!

'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Power Tour Prep!

Reply #1
Very nice

Power Tour Prep!

Reply #2
Quote from: STANG8U;448385
Very nice

Thanks!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Power Tour Prep!

Reply #3
Looks great! Have fun!

One day I'll have to go so there are two Fox Thunderbird on the tour.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Power Tour Prep!

Reply #4
There is at least one other forum member going this year that I know of.  It would be cool if we could get a big group to go!

Power Tour Prep!

Reply #5
I've been working away at getting mine ready and then the wife through a wrench in the works.

Decided she wanted to buy a 2004 Torch Red Mach 1. Looks like that's getting the nod instead. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1986 T-bird 3.8 *SOLD*
1990 Mustang
2004 Mach 1

Power Tour Prep!

Reply #6
Quote from: thunderjet302;448395
Looks great! Have fun!

One day I'll have to go so there are two Fox Thunderbird on the tour.

I can't this year, but maybe next year.  I'd definitely be in for a group cruise.  Would be fun for sure.  I'm only 2 hours from you could meet up and cruise to starting point together.

Go Fast the first time.  The tickets the same.
86 Thunderbird 5.0.  All original good weather driver. Tbird Reg #53035
86 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather driver.  Tbird Reg # 58555
87 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather daily driver.  Tbird Reg # 64647

Power Tour Prep!

Reply #7
Quote from: 50tbrd88;448384
I had yesterday afternoon off so I gave the 'bird the old clay bar and wax treatment in preparation for Power Tour.  I polished the Cobra wheels a week or so ago too. 

I did end up getting a scare when I tried backing it out though.  It wouldn't crank over, but it was an easy fix as it simply ended up needing new battery terminals.  I'm glad that happened now and not out on the road somewhere!  I also replaced the Interstate battery that had been in the car since 2004!  It was still good as far as I could tell, I just didn't want to put my faith into it in the heat of summer while on a big road trip.

Another couple of weeks and I will be putting some serious miles on the ole girl

Have fun and enjoy yourself.  I'm actually jealous to tell the truth.  Spent just one day with them last year and had a ball doing it.  Due to work and family I can't commit this year but I'm hoping next year to be different.  I wish you the best.

Go Fast the first time.  The tickets the same.
86 Thunderbird 5.0.  All original good weather driver. Tbird Reg #53035
86 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather driver.  Tbird Reg # 58555
87 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather daily driver.  Tbird Reg # 64647

Power Tour Prep!

Reply #8
Car looks good.  Good luck and enjoy the cruise.

Power Tour Prep!

Reply #9
Quote from: MeanLX;448410
I've been working away at getting mine ready and then the wife through a wrench in the works.
Decided she wanted to buy a 2004 Torch Red Mach 1. Looks like that's getting the nod instead. :)

Nothing wrong with that!  I always liked the new edge 'stangs (especially Mach 1's and Cobras).  IMO the Mach 1's looked best torch red...any pics??

Have fun and enjoy yourself. I'm actually jealous to tell the truth. Spent just one day with them last year and had a ball doing it. Due to work and family I can't commit this year but I'm hoping next year to be different. I wish you the best.

I'll start a thread again next year well beforehand so everyone can plan it out. 

Car looks good. Good luck and enjoy the cruise.

thank you!

Power Tour Prep!

Reply #10
Just one so far. :) See ya next weekend!

X
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1986 T-bird 3.8 *SOLD*
1990 Mustang
2004 Mach 1

Power Tour Prep!

Reply #11
Car is lookin good! That is one nice decal too :)

Have fun on PT, I am gonna get back out one of these years
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Power Tour Prep!

Reply #12
Nice job, enjoy the cruise

Power Tour Prep!

Reply #13
Looks great!  Nice color combo.  Too bad you have to back onto the gravel.

Wish I could meet up with you guys.
Mike

Power Tour Prep!

Reply #14
Quote from: gumby;448432
Car is lookin good! That is one nice decal too :)

Have fun on PT, I am gonna get back out one of these years

Yep that decal's been on there since we met up at the Muskegon, MI stop a few years ago.  It was good meeting you guys there...I really liked that stop it was a nice town and nice setting.