Skip to main content
Topic: folding rear seats complete (Read 7834 times) previous topic - next topic

folding rear seats complete

Reply #30
Quote from: jcassity;443775
Our second bracket broke so we switched up to steal

There is an illustration of it and the length of the bracket

That's what you get for stealing road signs!  :D  Good job though!!

Reply #32
you have to drill your pivot bracket hole here

this makes it to where the seats are folding further back by another inch.
the two existing holes are a no go.

Reply #33
Awesome mod!! Your in box is full :D

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #34
Just wondering but how are you going to modify the trim panel next to the seat to hide the bracket?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #35
Quote from: thunderjet302;444031
Just wondering but how are you going to modify the trim panel next to the seat to hide the bracket?

you sir are nailing it down to the enth degree,,, we are going cross that bridge when we get there.

Reply #36
This is a quality mod.    :bowdown:
Awaiting word on when you are going to start stamping these brackets out.  ;)

Reply #37
I think 73 is onto something here...
41 Dodge Luxury Liner Sedan
78 F-100 2wd flareside
84Turbo Coupe
84 Thunderbird Élan
85 Thunderbird 3.8
88 Turbo Coupe
88 Mustang GT
90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
99 SVT Cobra
06 Fusion SEL
14 Fusion Sport

Reply #38
Quote from: jandmmustangs;444046
I think 73 is onto something here...

to be honest, I thought of that.

I think its more productive to "mail you" a paper template. 
then I thought well that's pointless because I already gave it to you in one picture.

there is an image of a tape measure along the metal.
if you follow those marks , you have the jig already.

then again,, I could visio It out on a drawing and make it perfectly clear that you must print on LEGAL size paper in order for it to be exactly to scale.

so in a way,, its all moot,

ayone who wants a jig / template let me know.  Im pretty sure the demand for something like this is so low that it would not be any get rich quick item.. LOL, after all , we are all odd people who like a very odd ball car from the 80's.

Reply #39
I won't disagree with you here. The template you offered makes it easy for the average car guy to make. I'd like to believe that we're all friends here and nobody would try to profit from your intellectual design. Let's face it, the Chuck W parts look awesome and his price is more than fair. He makes the parts as a service to our community. I respect him for his work and am anxiously awaiting his shock brackets.

I put this mod in the same category. Will you get rich, no. Will you make a quality part that members here choose to use...yes.  Take it for what you will but I see a demand for these parts.

Ninja edit...

I treat Chucks parts as a proprietary design. He found a way to make things work. I have no problem paying for his time and labor. Again, I think our membership here is strong enough that nobody would overstep and steal your and Chance's hard work.
41 Dodge Luxury Liner Sedan
78 F-100 2wd flareside
84Turbo Coupe
84 Thunderbird Élan
85 Thunderbird 3.8
88 Turbo Coupe
88 Mustang GT
90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
99 SVT Cobra
06 Fusion SEL
14 Fusion Sport

Reply #40
Reading back over this, this might be an idea for my bird, I have no door handles or locks.  If the keyless entry or battery goes dead, I can open trunk and crawl through to open door, because the X brace is cut out also.