Skip to main content
Topic: Crazy Thought - AC/Alternator swap (Read 931 times) previous topic - next topic

Crazy Thought - AC/Alternator swap

I was just staring at the engine compartment of my '88 T-bird trying to plan the build, and I thought, the A/C and the Alternator are on the wrong sides, given the plumbing for the A/C all goes to the passenger side, and the wiring for the alternator goes next to the battery.  I've searched online to see if there are any brackets that make this better, but I'm coming up short.

Has anyone seen any brackets that might work for this switch in all the junkyard quests?  Thanks in advance.

Geoff
T-Birds can't fly.  Ask how I know...

Reply #1
Googling found this - March Performance

That would at least get the a/c lines on the passenger side of the vehicle.

Looks interesting, but also looks like it would be a royal pain to set the timing with those brackets in the way.

Any other ideas?

Reply #2
The full-size cars (Crown Vic, Marquis) of those years had the AC compressor on the passenger side and the Alternator on the driver's side, but they used two belts if I recall.  Brackets might be adaptable though.

Reply #3
Thanks for the lead!

Reply #4
Funny you should ask. I just saw the post below prior to coming here. Check the pic at the bottom of the page.

http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,33351.0.html
84 COUGAR/90 HO, 1.7RRs, performer RPM,700DP, equal length shorties, stainless EXH ,T-5,Hurst pro-billet, KC clutch, 8.8/ 4.10s, line-lok, bla ,bla, bla.
71 COMET/289,351w heads, 12.5 TRWs, 750DP, Liberty TL, 9"/6.00s, 11.9x @112 , bla,bla,bla.

Never shoot your mouth off, unless your brain is loaded! ....I may get older, but I'll never grow up!....If you're not laughing, you're not living!  :laughing:

Reply #5
That looks better!  I like it..