Skip to main content
Topic: L.E.D. Bulbs (Read 2689 times) previous topic - next topic

L.E.D. Bulbs

Im sure someone has seen these. Autozone sells them now in Amber 194, and Red 3157 and 1157 bulbs. I put the 194s in the marker lights on my Sonoma and they are definetly brighter because of the focus beam of the LEDs. The Red bulbs are brighter, I have not installed them in a stock style light of anykind, just a clear tailight on an Eclipse and they look red unlike the normal 1157 colored bulbs. I have pics of the 194s installed:

Bulbs, halogen 194 bulb, then the LED 194

"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

L.E.D. Bulbs

Reply #1
Man, if you want LED's, buy them on ebay. Wayyyy cheaper than anything at the auto parts stores.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

L.E.D. Bulbs

Reply #2
Before the dissassembly of my Bird, I had the red LED 1157s in the taillights. They were definitely brighter, but the light was more focused. I also had to use a electro/mechanical flasher unit that is designed for use where there are more than 3 lights. I liked them and they'll be going back in when the beast gets finished.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

L.E.D. Bulbs

Reply #3
I....uh...didnt buy them...I "aquired" them.......*cough*.

Go to http://www.superbrightleds.com and they seel LED bulbs that arent a focused beam.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

L.E.D. Bulbs

Reply #4
I've had very good luck with http://www.v-leds.com.  I had a bulb break a year ago and they replaced it for me.  The bulbs are good quality too.  Use the code MIATA for 10% off.

L.E.D. Bulbs

Reply #5
V-LEDS is a good supplier but all current-market standard bulb-sized LED's still suck at illumination in small places (the 37/74 and 168/192). I know the bare 5mm LED's are much brighter so its just a waiting game until the newest ones are used and sold - after current generation stuff is sold out.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

L.E.D. Bulbs

Reply #7
Quote from: Panther37;208574
I just bought a set of these:
http://www.v-leds.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/4811110/
They seem like current/new technology.

Once you get them will you post some before/after pics?  I can't tell what's what from the link.
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

L.E.D. Bulbs

Reply #9
Can you tell a difference while driving?
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

L.E.D. Bulbs

Reply #10
Quote from: t3skidoo;208804
Can you tell a difference while driving?
Nope,  I can't see them while driving because of my projectors.  I can only see them when I drive into my garage.  The LEDs were a little brighter then.

L.E.D. Bulbs

Reply #11
The Autozones here aren't selling the amber ones yet, just red. Funny, I was just looking for amber led's yesterday.

L.E.D. Bulbs

Reply #12
pepboys has plenty of red and amber. does anybody make white light LED's?
It's always fun until someone loses an eye. then it's fun ya can't see.

-James Hetfield back when metallica was still making good music.

L.E.D. Bulbs

Reply #13
Somebody with LEDs post a tailight pic with stock lights in one side!