Skip to main content
Topic: New to the forum pic of the new ride (Read 4635 times) previous topic - next topic

New to the forum pic of the new ride

So bought this lower mileage turbo coupe  and was going to molest it for parts but got the stink eye from some people (neighbor wife friends).I really just wanted the pieces but I guess I am keeping it for now.Or until I get bored and yank the motor and use it in a rail and put 5.0 in its place.As for the car 77k on the odometer auto trans has the grey and black leather interior in awesome shape zero rust .

Reply #1
Very nice!  Welcome!
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

Reply #3
, I was wondering where that one went.
1983 Tbird with '03 Split Port V6 motor swap done! Headers, dual exhaust, 500CFM Edelbrock, 3G upgrade, Electric fan. 3.73 Gears and an FRPP Limited Slip. Five lug complete! 5-Speed conversion complete! Standalone Fuel Injection in progress...

Reply #4
Nice! Glad you decided against chopping it up. All my parts cars had collision damage, so i didnt have to feel bad about pulling them apart. It would be a shame to s a good one.

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.

Reply #5
nice car, welcome!
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #6
It went to woodburn

Reply #7
Welcome aboard....any more pics you can post up. :poke:

Reply #8
To much  but it was somewhat reasonable and the cars we get here are rust free

Reply #9
Here are few more pics .And dont doubt I will do something stupid with this car it is to clean for me but what the hell it will be fun .Was looking for another commuter and bought this so now I am driving this and  a 1993 7.3 turbo diesel.I know its bad to run the car into the ground trying my hardest not to.

Reply #10
Nice & clean. Welcome to the sight.
88 Cougar LS 5.0 .030 over, ported E7s with GT40 valves & trickflow springs, Proform roller rockers, HO cam, removed air silencer, K&N filter, smog pump delete, 2.25" dual flowmasters, Pacestter H-pipe & headers, HO computer, 65mm TB, Explorer intake, 19# injecters, 3.45s, rebuilt posi, and TCI shift kit.

Reply #11
Great looking car. Excellent interior. When will it be up for sale?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #12
Dear lord that thing is clean...how could you even think of chopping it up?!?!? :)
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Future: Budget 5.0 300 HP.

Reply #13
Quote from: RunninWild;384302
Dear lord that thing is clean...how could you even think of chopping it up?!?!? :)
I just wanted the motor and the rest is well just that a 1987 turbo coupe . I have other hobbys I need to feed and this car was going to feed them I have a nice little two seater sand rail that needs a motor and why not a little turbo 4 banger not to mention fuel injected .

Reply #14
Quote from: vinnietbird;384301
Great looking car. Excellent interior. When will it be up for sale?
Everything is for sale at the right price. I know I paid to much but I always like this body style but man I need something that has a V8 and this 4 banger does not feel the void .My wife loves it but for me It needs another 4 cylinders