Skip to main content
Topic: The Fila Project... Wondering why Fila was banned? Read the last few pages (Read 65951 times) previous topic - next topic

The Fila Project... Wondering why Fila was banned? Read the last few pages

I kinda kept it quite, but this week I was kicking ass on the Fila. With the help of Ifixyawata, I got a set of 10 holes and new tires, put a new starter in it and fixed the starting problem. I installed the Pyrmid Amp in the car and thinned out the wiring harness and Vac lines. While he was here, Ifixyawata and I took the Fila for a spin and did her first little brakestand. Not much, but enough. I know you guys are pic w's :pics-stfu:  so I'll have pics up as soon as it's light tomorow.

Reply #1
Stuff to come is more then likely brakes, fuel filter, full tune-up and a start up video with a few drive-by's to hear the sound of the exhaust, or lack of

Reply #2
Good job!

PS-You still want that FILA brochure?

Reply #3
wtf is a "fila"?
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #4
The best and easiest way to say it is that it's a "uncommon" option package on a T-bird for 84-85.  I do want the Fila book, but next paycheck, I promise

Reply #5
Yeah, its an apperance package that wasn't too common.  Sort of like the Levi's editions they had of certain cars.

Reply #6
Quote from: Ifixyawata;111605
Yeah, its an apperance package that wasn't too common.  Sort of like the Levi's editions they had of certain cars.

...Or like the "Eddie Bauer" Explorers. It was a package developed along with the Fila company. Generally the Fila was fully loaded and had unique paint and emblems.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #7
And now it does more then look pretty. It moves freely. I'll have pics up soon. Tomorow actually

Reply #8
Dont get off on some tangent about the fila being faster than regular birds, like you did with the PI crown vic.
One 88

Reply #9
Claude, I don't want to start shiznit again. So C'mon, just leave that in the past.

Reply #10
Quote from: CougarSE;111615
Dont get off on some tangent about the fila being faster than regular birds, like you did with the PI crown vic.

link?
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]

Reply #11
I was told by a less then smart freind that my Vic had a HO in it and all sorts of stuff. So I said to the amount of " .. it's faster then a reg. Vic. It has a 5.0 with 24o hp, 300tq...." or something like that. And now it haunts me everyday.

Reply #12
Quote from: 84 Fila;111597
The best and fastest way to say it is that it's a "uncommon" option package on a T-bird for 84-85.  I do want the Fila book, but next paycheck, I promise

umm.... werent you talking about your explaination? i sont think it ahd anything to do with the Fila being fadt than anyother bird.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #13
Quote from: cougar86_89;111620
umm.... werent you talking about your explaination? i sont think it ahd anything to do with the Fila being fadt than anyother bird.

im sure that comment wasnt the one being referenced.
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]

Reply #14
I know. I'll even edit it just so everyone will be happy