Skip to main content
Topic: 88 Tc t5 swap clutch safety switch wiring (Read 1698 times) previous topic - next topic

88 Tc t5 swap clutch safety switch wiring

Hello, i have a 1988 thunderbird turbo coupe factory auto transmission. I am currently in the process of installing a t5. I cant find the wires that go to the clutch safety switch. Can someone post a picture of switch and the wires coming out of harness please... So i can see location and colorX

Reply #1
X

Reply #2
can that pigtail be bought anywhere? i found the connector it goes to. If not i will make somethingX

Reply #3
If you are not concerned about actually having the switch work, you can just loop the wires in the harness that you are holding in the photo and that will override the need for a switch. I did this on my 85 Mustang when I switched from a T5 to a C4.

Reply #4
there it is again,, the red/lb and Wt/pk wires

I swear those two colors are like the "supervisory" circuits in our cars.. they have so many jobs to do for things like checking this, verify that and safety parts.

you can loop it back to itself like said,, but if the car goes somewhere else then wire it according to the 88EVTM wiring manual below. it should be really easy to do right

Reply #5
home run directly to page 46 of the 88 evtm below and take a look.,, that page clearly illustrates a 5spd application wiring diagram.  the 3.8L and 5.0L start diagrams are not as clear in my opinion

Reply #6
I "think" automatic cars are equipped with the connector hanging there waiting for use on a standard.

meaning... the harnesses were built with with AOD and standard applications.

the harness you want to target is located here.

look under the car on the transmission tunnuel up near the drivers side gas pedal.

there is a harness that penetrates into the drivers side of the trans/bell housing area

feel under carpet on the drivers side bell housing hump and you will find a harness.

up behind the center of the dash there will be a connector there that goes to the transmission.

that harness flows around the lower part of your dash, towards the sterring column and from there you may find the NSS connector so you can actually plug in your clutch pedal swtich into it.  if not fab up a connector or whatever you have to do to have the clutch actually supervise start