Skip to main content
Topic: 351C TC question (Read 2253 times) previous topic - next topic

351C TC question

I had posted over on the other board and someone told me that it all got moved to here... so to continue, does the ABS unit/electronic brakes get in the way when putting the 351C in the TC?  I haven't a problem with the oil pan because I'm going to make my own just like canton's... they put their dimensions on the web site and I have all the free steel and welding time I can use... but here is the link for the origional post...

Thanks
Methos

Re: 351C TC question

Reply #1
I'm thinkin' it should clear but be fairly tight. The LSC boys are all the time swapping Windsors in their cars with no prob(same engine bay). Any idea how much larger a Cleveland is(I don't have any actual dementions)?

Reply #2
I think that the cleveland is really only about 4-5 inches wider than the windsor at the heads... I can't remember where I saw it but there was a website that had the dimensions for all the ford engines...

Methos

Reply #3
According to the September 2004 issue of Mustang & Fords magazine, the 351W is approximately 25" wide (valve cover to valve cover), 29" tall (without carb), and 29" long (without accessory drives).  The 351C is 25.5" wide, 27.5" tall, and 29" long using the same restrictions noted above.  Hope this helps!

TCKen

Reply #4
that's great!!  now I know that I won't have any install issues... just gotta finish making the oil pan... good thing that the steel is free and so are the welders and plasma cutter...

Methos