Thread: Wreck of the Town Car

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Thumbs down Wreck of the Town Car

A great read:
    http://www.forbes.com/2006/07/17/bac...rtner=yahootix

Basically reiterating what we've been saying all along, but still a fresh perspective. Everything has truly come down to the almighty dollar at Ford Motor Company...nothing is sacred, as we so well know.

Anyway...for any of you who've ever participated in "extracurricular activities" in a Town Car limo...looks like the days are numbered. Enjoy the memories...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

At least they're still making the CV/GM...for now.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

I've seen some limo companies with Grand Marquis limos as well as 300C limos by me. I'll miss the Town Car limos. They remind me of my senior prom.......
    '88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Edelbrock 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF, 30lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, AOD with 2800 PI converter, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 31 spline Traction-Lok, 31 spline Moser axles, 04 Cobra front arms, Maximum Motorsports extreme duty rear arms, subframes.
    '11 Focus, '12 Mustang 3.7, '17 Accord EX-L V6

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I was told today, by an independant Firestone dealership, that FORD is sending out letters stopping aftermarket sales of the infamous Bullit Rims, because they are too close to what they are putting on many dealership mustangs. Except for the mustang, it seems as if Ford is just loosing touch with it's customers, and those that encourage Ford's bussiness

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I've seen the stretched Chrysler 300's around here already as well. GM may be having problems due to poor marketing strategy and decision making (the front drive Caddys, for example also the Pontiac Aztek), but it seems Ford has a clue as to what the consumer market wants and in most cases refuses to give it to them. It's kinda like chopping down a tree by imbedding the axe in my foot.
    -- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !! -- 87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's! http://www.fquick.com/V8Demon