Thread: '83-'86 Window Weatherstripping

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Don't thank me....thank JC Whitney!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by EricCoolCats
    Don't thank me....thank JC Whitney!
    If everyone could act out this thread very cheesy. It would make a great JC Whitney commercial.

Also, Eric actually winking at the end with a twinkle would be the clincher!
    2013 Focus (Daily)
    1968 Cougar XR7
    1987 Turbo Coupe
    5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series Muffler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
    1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
    1984 Cougar (RIP)
    1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed. (sold)

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

haha.

does two requierd mean that you have to buy two? i only need the driver side. but i guess both would look good. and what is thius bout a rivet? did you take the glass out or just roll it all the way down?
    1986 Cougar LS

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Yes, one for each side. You may as well replace both since you have to do one.
    You do not have to remove the glass. Roll it all the way down, pull the mirrors, then remove the screw behind the mirror and the quick-nut on the other side.
    You have to "negotiate" with the lower trim to get it out (pull up on it), but it will eventually come out.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

The original dew wipes are stapled into the aluminum window trim. So remove the staples and it comes right off. To reattach correctly, you will need to drill some holes through the dew wipes AND trim, and use pop rivets to attach them together. I've found a cheap but decent pop rivet gun at Wal*Mart before. Shouldn't really need more than 1/8" rivets. When/if you would ever need to change the dew wipes again simply drill out the rivets.

Feedback Score

Default Dew Wipers

Has anyone found a replacement for the inside "dew wipers"? Mine are just as crispy as the outside ones...like a potato chip.

Feedback Score

Default Dew Wipers

Has anyone found a replacement for the inside "dew wipers"? Mine are just as crispy as the outside ones...like a potato chip.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

As of now, I haven't heard of anybody replacing that piece. I suppose you will have to remove it along with the outside dew wipe and compare them. Then, take a look at the photo in this thread which shows how the new dew wipe is riveted to the trim piece.
    If you can use the same part for both inside and outside, then you're all set. You just have to order four of them.
    Let us know how it turns out.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I think it can probably be done.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

That's extremely wonderfull info you have given us. Thanks to both of you !!!!

86' T/C 2.3L
    86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
    04' Monte Carlo 3.4L
    16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo