Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '83 with TC Wheels

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Default '83 with TC Wheels

I changed from the ARE wheels that I have had on there since '99. The guy I bought the TC wheels from had them refinished. 2 layers of powder coat, and 3 layers of clear. At least that is what he told me. I used the Ford centercaps instead of the Thunderbird cause the birds were different.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

honestly, i like the ARE's better... and i don't like ARE's. it's the ground fx's and the trim. some chrome bullitt's would look awesome. you car is so shiny that it really NEEDS shiny wheels. sorry to say, but your paint job is too damn good for those wheels, lol.
    2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I tend to disagree.. I am honestly digging how the snowflakes look, I really can't explain why.. but it just looks sweet.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

top one makes it look like a sports car............ bottom looks like a luxury car...

all in all i like the ARE's better
    87 LX 302, E7's, ARP bolts, Mallory Unilite Distributor, MSD 6A, Edelbrock Performer Intake, Edelbrock 600 Carb, Flowtech Long tubes, 5Speed, 8.8w/4.10's, Granatelli Tube K-Member & LCA's, Coil Overs, KYB 4ways, CHE arms, 3" rear drop springs, BBK C/C Plates, SN-95 5-lug stuff, Fuel Cell, Battery Relocation, Mac Mufflers, Stinger Tails, Sunpro gauges, Custom Lip Spoiler

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I actually like the ARE's better too. Not that the snowflakes look bad because they don't. I just don't think they match your car as well.

I'm with darkthunder on this one. Your car has so many chrome accents that contrast the paint so well that the chrome wheels look perfect for it. The snowflakes almost look like they are painted flat grey to me. I'm sure it has something to do with the white lettered tires on the ARE's as well. Not trying to sound too negative here though, its your car and your choice, 7 years of the same thing does get old. Another thing I like about the ARE's is that they are dished. The snowflakes are so flat, I just feel they are out of place with the look of your car. They seem to detract from the sinister appearence of your car. Just my

Feedback Score

i like the AREs to lol...what kind of rear spoiler is that? never seen one before like that I dont think...

DakotaEpic Guest

Either way your car is sop freaking amazingly badass, that they both look smokin, I agree that they give off two different styles. The chrome bullets would look rad, or how about some wheels of a 67 GT 500? I just watched Gone In 60 Seconds, and forgot how badass of a car that is. So yeah, getting the snowflakes chromed might get a more sporty look to it. Either way man, you're car is a killer!

Feedback Score

ARE's = Racecar
    Snowflakes = Cruiser

I think your car looks badass either way
    1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

One of the biggest reasons I changed to the snowflakes, is I have an 8.8 out of a TC for my car. I was told that you can't run anything smaller than a 15" and the ARE are only 14". I agree I do like the look if the chrome better, I always have. Two of my three other vehicles have chrome wheels, and I thought about having the snowflakes chromed. But there are only a couple of places around here that do plating, and for a "show finish" its going to run between $900 and $1300.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bane
    i like the AREs to lol...what kind of rear spoiler is that? never seen one before like that I dont think...
    I am not sure what the spoiler is. I bought the car from the original owner, and it had a trunk lid on it that had the contiental kit look to it. After I agreed to buy the car the guy was like "by the way I have a different trunk lid with a spoiler, the complete GFX kit, and the chrome wheel arches I let you have it all for $100." Without thinking I asked my dad if I could borrow another $100. We loaded the stuff in the van and brought it home that day.