Thread: Help? What would I gain from a 2.5"

Feedback Score

Question Help? What would I gain from a 2.5"

What wound I gain from a 2.5" and a Magnaflow. I was quoted a price of $378. from the converter back. This is on my XR7 2.3L stock motor. would I gain any thing exept more sound?
    1985 GS Cougar Black with red pin stripes
    1985 XR/7 Cougar White with black pin stripes

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/464724

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

sound, a few ponies, build boost better/faster. make sure you get a 3" downpipe too. i would like to get a magnaflow catback but that's too expensive for me... so i'm getting a used flowmaster catback instead.
    2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder
    sound, a few ponies, build boost better/faster. make sure you get a 3" downpipe too. i would like to get a magnaflow catback but that's too expensive for me... so i'm getting a used flowmaster catback instead.
    what do you mean (downpipe)& (catback)
    1985 GS Cougar Black with red pin stripes
    1985 XR/7 Cougar White with black pin stripes

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/464724

DakotaEpic Guest

Downpipe is the pipe that comes down from the exhaust manifold, and catback is just short for catalytic converter back, meaning everything after your cat.

Feedback Score

Default Exhaust

I got $730 tied up into my exhaust. Exhaust kit from Stinger performace..3in downpipe into 2.5 intermediate pipe. Dual Hooker Aerochamber mufflers and custom bent 2.5 in tail pipes. I also have a 3in hi-flow cat. converter.
    1987 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Rick, it all depends on what you want to do. If you just want a little gain, a few ponies, some sound, nothing too big, your 2.5" catback your planning would be great.

If youre wanting performance, a 3" downpipe (what comes from the turbo, and goes to the catback), and a 3" catback would be the most desired.

Remember, a free flowing exhaust is the most beneficial mod you could do to any turbo car. Im running my catback unbolted on my TC, sounds like crap, and is overly loud, but it works the best at the moment.
    It's Gumby's fault.