Thread: Taurus Rotary Heater Controls

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Taurus Rotary Heater Controls

I need to replace my heater core and figured I'd do the Taurus controls at the same time. But when I was at the junk yard I couldn't for the life of me get the cable out of the Taurus. The Taurus repair manual says you need a special tool to do so. Special Tool It looks like an obscure tool that would be impossible to find.

The cable is crammed way back up in there and I ended up bending it all to hell trying to get it out. What a waste of a trip. Has anyone done this? And do you have any advice for getting that cable out intact?
    Foxless

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

What i did, is i literally broke the heater box, of whatever it was that attached it, and cut the piece away from the cable and the white retainer
    It's Gumby's fault.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Ok thanks. I tried that, but the only thing good for breaking that I had was a pair of plyers and a knife. And The place was closing and yelling at me to get out. I'll bring something more destructive tomorrow
    Foxless

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

I wish I had manual heat and a/c. When mine breaks it's going to suck to find another working one of these
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Edelbrock 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF, 30lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, AOD with 2800 PI converter, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 31 spline Traction-Lok, 31 spline Moser axles, 04 Cobra front arms, Maximum Motorsports extreme duty rear arms, subframes.
    '11 Focus, '12 Mustang 3.7, '17 Accord EX-L V6

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

You can get those off with a pair of pliers, all ya have to do is squeeze the two ears together.
    '97 Ranger 3.0
    88 Tbird Sport
    5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, true dual exhaust w/ Magnaflow mufflers. KYB struts from '04 Cobra, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from '00 Mustang, front and rear springs from '04 Cobra, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, '97 Mustang GT rear sway bar, '03 Mach 1 wheels. Maximum Motorsports caster camber plates, sequential taillights.140 speedo and halo head rests. Started work on new motor...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Well I got it off, can't say it was any fun. On the Taurus that I got it from there was no way you could get a pair of pliars up there to squeeze the clips. It was obnoxiously crammed deep inside the dash. So I cut around it with a small hacksaw. Oh well, now all I need to do is my heater core. Yaaaaaaay! At least I'm in no big hurry since it's not my daily driver anymore.
    Foxless

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by thunderjet302
    I wish I had manual heat and a/c. When mine breaks it's going to suck to find another working one of these
    I'd just convert to manual but if you really like the auto controls there should be a buttload of good ones on junked cars out there. I have all the pieces for the auto setup that will probably never be used for anything, gathering dust in the corner. Sorry, didn't mean to rub that in