Thread: Fuse Sockets

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Fuse Sockets

Ok so here I am outside of my cat inspecting the lights, I notice the electroluminescent cougars are not on. Ok... easy enough must be a blown fuse. So I go to the Autozone and get some fuses, and attempt to put one in. Unfortunetly the socket that the fuse goes into must be broken, because I cannot fit it in there. And yes, its the right fuse. Anybody know how to go about fixing a fuse socket?
    2013 Focus (Daily)
    1968 Cougar XR7
    1987 Turbo Coupe
    5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series Muffler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
    1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
    1984 Cougar (RIP)
    1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed. (sold)

DakotaEpic Guest

It might just be pinched shut, see if you can wedge a narrow flat head screwdriver in there and ease it open. I'd disconect the battery first though. If that isn't it, did part of the previous fuse break off in there? I know that if it did, it would seem pretty aparent, but we've all missed those kinds of things before.