Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Member Questions

TrAb Guest

Default New Member Questions

I just got a old 86 Thunderbird with the 5.0 in it. As you can see from my sig im used to driving a kinda fast car (putting on bigger turbo's right now, gonna have at least 600AWHP...) and was thinking about fixing this one up as well. I was just wondering would it be better for me to get a 80's mustang GT and make it into a drag car or would i be just a well off with this one? Because i heard they are heavier, but i would probably just gut mine. O and what kinda times do these cars run with a procharger kit?

Feedback Score

Default Re: New Member Questions

Well my self i like beating on stangs talons and of couse the twin turbo Stealth with my cougar when i had it. Now my T bird has to do that same thing. Its nice to do so in something a bit difrent then what everyone else is using.

Now for a all out race car the t bird will do. I would say your better off with a T bird over a stang just because the T bird can be a little more stable then stangs are.
    Waight when done for all out drag car can be much the same for ether car if u put time into doing the car right.

Power well stang t bird or any rearwheel car can be made much the same all u need to powerfull motor dont mater what make, Good race preped tranny setup. Susp well a 4 link or laderbar can be made to fit anything. So i think your on your own here.

Like when u started the Stealth I bet there were people telling u to do bubble civic with H22 or someone telling U no man get a talon.
    Each to there own.

TrAb Guest

Well i guess i will wait for another repo car with the 5.0 and i hope not everyone else is using the TT stealths, ive only seen one and i own it..., this one thunderbird i have is kinda cool but it is ugly as a dogs dick... And you never mentioned what one of these cars runs with a procharger at about 15psi?

Feedback Score

Well were i live i see few stealths and Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 twin turbo Same thing realy. A bunch of Mazda RX-7s, Nissan 300ZX and the Toyota Supra's all pay on the streets here.

Your right never said what times any car runs with a procharger kit.
    I know there is cougar thats streetable with a SC SB that runs high 9's
    There are bunch of stangs ranging from high12s to high 8s
    Now if u call high 8 sec car on race gas a street car so be it i dont.

My car is just old ugly 85 T bird with 351W and some help from a big blue bottle.
    I have 2 in there just because i can.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

And you never mentioned what one of these cars runs with a procharger at about 15psi?
    with the stock 5.0, unfortunately about as fast as the tow truck can tow it.

typically 100 lbs is about 1/10th a second in the typical street car. the tbirds are a good half second slower on average id say. there is ALOT of weight in these cars that can be removed though, as specially in a dedicated drag car...
    Last edited by shame302; 10-04-2005 at 07:09 PM.
    1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
    FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
    ~John~

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

you gotta remember, the engine in your Tbird is NOT the same as a mustang engine, 15psi wont do you any good on the stock engine by any means, pick up a mustang short block, stick some good heads, cam ,and intake on it, 15psi, and then you might have something pretty nasty
    It's Gumby's fault.

Feedback Score

I have seen a stock 88 T bird with a SC slaped on it did OK.

Nice SB with SC should be built with a forged piston and right compression for boost.
    Good rings and HI prs oil pump, Stock crank and rods can take a nice bit but for price it cost to redo stock rods u can get a set of scat, Eagle or summit rods.
    A good SC cam and a set of good AL heads roller rockers then u have a nice motor for boost. U can go with 331 stroker or 347 and boost that.

Why a procharger how about a turbo setup or Paxton, Powerdyne, Vortech.
    Each company has difrent power levels.

TrAb Guest

Well i found some prochargers on ebay, and i already have a turbo car kinda wanted a SC for something different

Bird351 Guest

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Am I the only one offended by his sig? This is not a dodge forum..... If you insist on having that thing in your sig please downsize it alot. I'm no moderator but jeesh have some respect... put a pic of your tbird on here.
    Three 88's