Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 87' t-bird digital to turbo coupe analog instument gauge swap

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Default Re: 87' t-bird digital to turbo coupe analog instument gauge swap

It's actually km/hr. I'm Canadian. We didn't get stuck with those wimpy 85 MPH speedos
    2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Default Re: 87' t-bird digital to turbo coupe analog instument gauge swap

quite so-time for a new box of contacts, also!
    '87 Mustang notch; 5 lug, PBR calipers, 3.55 gears, SFC's, mild 5.0 with '40P's, Cobra intake, E cam, BBK headers and X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust.
    "still slower than your grandma's scooter"..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Here's a blast from the past!

Anyone still have the info linked to in this thread? Finally swapping my sport analog cluster in place of the base digital one.

Feedback Score

WOW talk about back from dead... How ya been doin???

My other rides (that actually do run & drive)

1969 Fairlane Cobra 428CJ 4-Speed << New 49th Birthday Picture

1972 Comet GT - 306 C4

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I'm doing great. Thanks Tom. How are you?

Feedback Score

Ohhh I've been better, I've been worse... I think it has something to do with excessive amount of birthdays...

My Bird came home today after spending almost two years over in my mom's garage... Just mebby I'll get the 331 installed before winter...

My other rides (that actually do run & drive)

1969 Fairlane Cobra 428CJ 4-Speed << New 49th Birthday Picture

1972 Comet GT - 306 C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The oil and gas gauges are supposedly different between analog and digital dashes. The wiring is more simplified going from the base cluster to analog then digital to analog. All the wires are there except for the amp Guage stuff, which is largely useless anyways.

I still think the full digital cluster is way, way cooler. It has a built in trip computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcassity
    I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
    Hooligans!
    1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
    1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
    1986 cougar.
    lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I don't have a full digital cluster. T-bird parts are hard to find around here. I have an analog cluster I salvaged from the sport I scrapped a few years back.

It's in the car now and everything seems to be working: speedo, tach, fuel, temp, amp. I still have to get the right sender for the oil pressure.

I did run into one problem: I shorted two wires together and now the radio, cab lights, and clock aren't working. Fuses tested ok. I have no idea where to look now. EDIT: It was a fuse after all. #8 - 15amp
    Last edited by thundergrowl; 08-28-2016 at 08:26 PM.