View Poll Results: Use Ford "hourglass" rear lock covers on the front doors?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes that's cool!

2 22.22%
  • No that's gay

3 33.33%
  • WTF are you talkin' about?

4 44.44%

Thread: door lock covers (really retarded thread)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default door lock covers (really retarded thread)

Hey everyone...one of my chrome plungers for the door locks has lost a lot of its chrome. I grabbed some locks from whatever I found in the junkyard, but all the ones that match the Cougar's are way too short.

The rear door locks (they are the ones with an hourglass shape) from the Town Cars work, they are about the right height, and they kinda look cool. Makes it look like an old school coupe with a real lock you can grab with your hands.

Whadda ya think...use rear door locks on the front? Or should I find a Ford with a longer lock cover?
    pro-five-oh

88 Cougar XR-7...5.0HO, T-56, and much more
    85 Thunderbird 30th...#2471, 29k, all original and might actually stay that way

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Default Re: door lock covers (really retarded thread)

picture maybe?
    1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
    1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
    1983 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
    1979 Mercury Cougar XR7 302HO

slamedcat is offline Measure With Micrometer, Mark With Chalk, Cut With Ax
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Do you have power locks. If so just remove them all together.
    Have you tried going to Auto Zone or something like that. I had the smae problem with my Bird. I found some at Auto Zone it will require some modifying of the metal rod. You just need to bend it a little.

And I wouldn't say it looked gay. It would just say it looks a little funky.
    Last edited by slamedcat; 08-24-2005 at 06:59 PM.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I want to keep Ford locks on it, that's for sure. They look cool, if I can get a shot of them I'll post it soon.

Here's a pic from a town car. It will do for now. Just wanting to see what others will think, I can go either way right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992-...QQcmdZViewItem
    Attached Images Attached Images
    pro-five-oh

88 Cougar XR-7...5.0HO, T-56, and much more
    85 Thunderbird 30th...#2471, 29k, all original and might actually stay that way

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I have Crown Vic rear door lock knobs in my T-Bird - they look the same as those Town Car rear ones (which isn't really surprising, given that they came from the rear doors of a cop car)
    2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣