2 (100%)

Lol it’s called a brainfart. I have them waaaay to much lately

86' T/C 2.3L
    86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
    04' Monte Carlo 3.4L
    16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

so after you specifically told me what you said,, i went out and did this after toiling with "how to" get a decent support on the tubing yet not have the cats bumping the floor.

i went out there thinking,, yeah, yeah,, ok,, the pipes follow the body,, got it....................

u bolt the pipes to the tunnel metal bar.............. yup good to go.................. NOT!!!!!!!!!

when the engine torques i suspect this principle will slowly yank all my band clamps loose.

so..
    i will revise.

man why do i get all caught up in stupid stuff that ends up taking me days to make me happy ............??

its alright though,, i think i can cut that bracket into two pieces and make them just long enough to reach over each individual pipe.
    secure the metal bracket(s) to thier original mounts on the floor pan but have a rubber gasket between.

keep the uBolt system and all should be well. this will separate the torque on each pipe run and allow the pipes to twerk and tweek and move as they need.

the downside is i have to chop out that date code thats on the top of this metal bracket.

there is a net gain though because it allows more room to drop the drive shaft down when needed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

You think you over complicate stuff, you need to look up project binky on YouTube
    Quote Originally Posted by jcassity
    I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
    Hooligans!
    1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
    1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
    1986 cougar.
    lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com