Thread: 8.8" swap SN95 vs Lincoln Mark 7

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default 8.8" swap SN95 vs Lincoln Mark 7

88 sport with a turbo coupe 8.8" in it now. Want to go to 5 lug swap. SN95 axles are the same length as turbo coupe but the Lincoln Mark 7 axles are 3/4" longer then the turbo coupe axles (i know I will have to swap calipers and hardware). I am looking from a stock Mustang 5 lug wheel option (2007-2009 GT500 wheels) at this point for best fit into the rear wheel wells. I see some people have to use wheel spacers with the Mustang SN95 rear axle swap to make the wheels sit properly.
    1988 Thunderbird Sport. No engine, no trans, turbocoupe disk diff with 3:27 gears, 31 spline axles and Cobra clutch packs, Turbocoupe front brakes.

Bought this car back as an old project car.

Feedback Score

I'm curently mid-swap into putting an SN95 8.8 under my 87 T, to run 09 "bullit" wheels. i'll let you knowwhat i find out

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

So any SN95 rear axles (8.8 & 7.5 as they are the same damn axles) will work with the SN95 swap. If you already have the TC housing then just go to a salvage yard and tell them you want from the axles out on a 94-98 SN95 V6 Mustang (dust shields and all) and they will sell it to you unlike the axles out of an 8.8 housing. Same width and the brake parts for an SN95 Mustang are a bit more readily available and have a lot more aftermarket support than the Lincoln.