Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No more Ford smalll sedans

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mcb82gt View Post
    About 15 yrs ago, When I had my 82 Mustang GT (5.0 badges). Pulled into a ford dealership, just checking things out. Salesman walks out and said "nice 5.0.... is it a V8??" He was dead serious. LOL, he was about my age or older. I was in my 30's at the time.

Nobody will know our cars in a few more years, and I like it that way. Mustangs are rarely seen and they are a dime a dozen compared to ours.
    When I bought my Mustang I originally wanted Grabber Orange. Nobody had any, but one of the dealerships told me they had one coming in with the 2.7. I said, "you mean 3.7?", he said "No, it's a new 4-cyl Turbo". I said "You mean the 2.3 Ecoboost?", He said "No, it's a brand new engine". Didn't buy my 5.0 from him
    2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Chicken View Post
    When I bought my Mustang I originally wanted Grabber Orange. Nobody had any, but one of the dealerships told me they had one coming in with the 2.7. I said, "you mean 3.7?", he said "No, it's a new 4-cyl Turbo". I said "You mean the 2.3 Ecoboost?", He said "No, it's a brand new engine". Didn't buy my 5.0 from him
    Trying to figure out the train of thought on that one... I'm thinking he must have gotten it confused with the newer 2.7 Ecoboost in the 15+ F150s
    --Steve
    1988 Cougar V6
    2012 F-150 3.7L
    2011 Mustang 3.7L