Thread: Road trip

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Road trip

Possibly going to pick up a buddy in L.A. in the next couple days. Anyone along I-15 or southern Cali wanna meet up? Think ill be driving straight through Vegas. Gonna be in my 86 tbird.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcassity
    I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
    Hooligans!
    1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
    1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
    1986 cougar.
    lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Not that anyone cared, but the car did good. Something like 26 hours round trip, around 700 miles each way. Only minor issue, a front wheel bearing started to make noise about 2 hours into the first 80mph speed zone. I hit the next off ramp and tightened it up, it was worn a bit. No other issues.

Once I got to L.A., screw that crap man. 2 hours to drive 35 miles. Had to drive so defensively I couldn't even look out the window to see the Hollywood sign. By the time I got through the city, I would have driven an extra day to just not have to drive straight through it again. Vegas was down to one lane each way, minimal delays though.
    I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
    Hooligans!
    1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
    1986 cougar.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Yes, LA sucks balls. I'll never go back there.
    '84 Mustang, work in (sloooooooow) progress...
    '87 Stang notch
    1994 Ford F150 Flareside
    1997 Explorer V8 conversion (in progress)
    1998 Explorer 5.0
    and a couple of tractors. Ford, of course.
    FORD power, for life!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Yeah, ran through nearly 1/2 a tank in that 40 miles or so. Floor it for 2 seconds, lay on the brakes, repeat for 2 hours straight. Wasn't to best situation after driving for 12 hours straight.

Did the whole trip in about 26 hours. Think I made pretty good time.
    Hooligans!
    1986 cougar.