Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trouble codes and chaos

Feedback Score

Hey all. So out here finally working on the car and found this. Hose to what looks to be connected to the bottom of the EGR solenoid was totally disconnected. Also what is that little tiny line? Is it supposed to have a hose on it? Hopefully someone can respond while I am out working on it. Thanks! Having issues with loading images. Figures

Feedback Score

EGR Solenoid on the strut tower or do you mean the EGR valve on the intake?

The solenoid should have 2 small lines. One from vac source and the other to the vac port on the EGR valve.

The EGR valve normally has a steel pipe running from the exhaust manifold .....which I think someone put rubber hose on yours....... And a small vac line from the solenoid.

Hope that helps
    John

Feedback Score

That does help John. Thanks! I think I got it figured out. It’s on the EGR solenoid. I had to get a hose and rerouted some stuff. What threw me off was the item under the solenoid. I think it’s the boost buzzer? I will leave that vacuum hose disconnected as it doesn’t go anywhere anyways. Someone ripped the top EGR plastic vacuum line off and it left just the small nipple and it was vented to air. Got lines on both to the EGR solenoid now

Feedback Score

So after all of this I got the car running much better. It starts and idles like it should. It does not shake much at all now. I took it for a little test run and the gauge showed only 5 psi of boost. I know those gauges are not very accurate, but the car felt like an old Honda Civic powerwise. One issue is I went under the car, found the metal wastegate line, tried to tug on it and it wouldn’t budge much at all. Maybe a 32nd of movement...so really not much at all. Aren’t you supposed to test them by pulling by hand or am I wrong? How do you fix a stuck wastegate? Thanks
    Last edited by Biff Bastion; 02-03-2018 at 04:38 PM.

Feedback Score

You need to disconnect the arm to make sure it moves freely. If you plugged the 2 BCS lines 5psi is about all you can expect since your not bypassing the WG. Attach them together you should see more.

Glad to hear your making progress.
    John

Feedback Score

Thanks John. Actually what I ended up doing was using the original boost valve. I took it apart and found all it was was just an o-ring holding it together. So I reassembled it and the lid stayed on tight. Put on a new hose for the one side as it was pretty rough looking. So the stock controller should be functioning correctly now. I will need to see what I can do with the wastegate one weekend. I can hear some minor whine from the Turbo when driving, but it sure doesn’t kick in the power like most Turbo cars do. Still not ruling out fuel pump issues, but do not have a tester yet.