Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clever cup holder

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

this is my challenge now.

i have a taurus dash mount combo change and drink holder.
    in some of our cars, the lowest tier of dash stuff is a cig lighter panel or a cig lighter combo system sentry, and in others there is the pop out ash tray / cig lighter.

i removed my ash tray / cig lighter and found the optional storage cubby could mount in that opening. it makes it really nice to have a storage bin just forward of the shifter, and seems to make ergonomic sense.
    the objective was to free up where the storage cubby "was" typically on the upper tier of the dash.
    problem,,,- the depth of the storage cubby OEM location is retricted by 50% because of hvac duct work just behind it.

this depth limitation restricts the design options to use that upper space for something else.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I just need something to hold my beer for me.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Drewstang View Post
    +2
    Mike

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I just take my 44oz soda and set it in between the seat and the console.

I've added cup holders. After I deleted all the power options in my 86, I cut up a broken console plate and made a filler out of a 44oz cup. I planned to fasten it permanently but never got around to it.it worked good, but it wasnt worth the trouble.

Now I think I am just gonna make my own center console with some wood, then fiberglass it like I do with my model airplanes then paint it up nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcassity
    I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
    Hooligans!
    1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
    1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
    1986 cougar.
    lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Drewstang View Post
    Front seat passenger
    '88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Edelbrock 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF, 30lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, AOD with 2800 PI converter, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 31 spline Traction-Lok, 31 spline Moser axles, 04 Cobra front arms, Maximum Motorsports extreme duty rear arms, subframes.
    '11 Focus, '12 Mustang 3.7, '17 Accord EX-L V6