Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think a driver's window clip finally went....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The dodge universal window clips are longer and deeper. I used them with no issue. Usually on the shelf in the help section of AutoZone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcassity
    I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
    Hooligans!
    1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
    1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
    1986 cougar.
    lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jcassity View Post
    if ever those clips do break,, my son's did. you buy the assorment pack at napa. it will have 4 clips ,, 2 pairs universal for chevy.

for some reason if you buy the assorment pack designated for chevy, you get a pair of ford styles you need.

i suggest buying them now and putting them back, they should be discontinued soon i fear.

if you buy the assortment pack for ford, none of them match your bird/coug... just sayin.
    They're used on a ton of GM products, so I don't think they will be discontinued for a long time. You can also buy a 4 pack with just the ones we need,

What kills me is I remember having aluminum ones, but I can't remember from where. It's been 13 or 14 years since I used the aluminum ones.
    It's Gumby's fault.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

the wifes chevy citation had alum ones ,,, and also the clip itself was bolted through the glass. Our kia sportage and kia sephia has bolted through the glass fittings as well.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jcassity View Post
    the wifes chevy citation had alum ones ,,, and also the clip itself was bolted through the glass. Our kia sportage and kia sephia has bolted through the glass fittings as well.
    Why do you know this about the Kias? I think maybe you have been watching too much automotive reality television! You DO NOT need to completely disassemble a car as soon as it rolls into the garage!