Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Turning reading lights into courtesy lights?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

So I probably could just swap the switch out from my 83 as well. That's pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcassity
    I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
    Hooligans!
    1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
    1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
    1986 cougar.
    lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Haystack View Post
    So I probably could just swap the switch out from my 83 as well. That's pretty cool.
    Is yours an early 1983 build? Because I was looking at console switch/ashtray panels on eBay and the two I saw had the 2-wire switch but had 1983 part numbers.
    pro-five-oh

88 Cougar XR-7...5.0HO, T-56, and much more
    85 Thunderbird 30th...#2471, 29k, all original and might actually stay that way

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Not Sure the build date, but it has lights on the side of the end of the console that come on and off with the rear lamps button that would normally go to the rear reading lights as well as the dome light.

I really don't see just the dome light's, plus the under dash lights and the door locks lighting up to be too little light though.
    I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
    Hooligans!
    1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
    1986 cougar.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Not Sure the build date, but it has lights on the side of the end of the console that come on and off with the rear lamps button that would normally go to the rear reading lights as well as the dome light.

I really don't see just the dome light's, plus the under dash lights and the door locks lighting up to be too little light though.

It's not too much light when you have a moonroof with the useless lights in the overhead console, even with the reading lamps on I still can't find crap behind the front seats. Maybe I shoulda got an earlier console too
    pro-five-oh

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

If the moon roof takes any more head room away, id have to walk away from the car. Im 6'5 and usually sit with an inch or so above my head.
    Hooligans!
    1986 cougar.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

If the moon roof takes any more head room away, id have to walk away from the car. Im 6'5 and usually sit with an inch or so above my head.
    Probably negligible if you keep the moonroof shade open
    pro-five-oh

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Im 6'5 and usually sit with an inch or so above my head.
    dang,,

your prob gonna have to pay an oversize fee when it comes time to burry you!!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by jcassity View Post
    dang,,

your prob gonna have to pay an oversize fee when it comes time to burry you!!
    Maybe not if you live long enough. I used to be 5'11'' , now I am 5'9.