Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Back in a fox. 1988 Turbo Coupe. The life journal.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

You guys are funny.

I've found every area has their own version of country. Changes from state to state.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcassity
    I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
    Hooligans!
    1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
    1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
    1986 cougar.
    lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderbirdSport302 View Post
    No. But there are rotten apples under every tree, however, as someone from the other side, who is more at home in a deer stand or in the cab of a Case 1370, the idea of being IN the big city is, in the kindest wording, fucking awful. And I lived for 4 and half years in Springfield Missouri.

As above, not everyone likes the constant noise, stink, traffic, crime, and dope one finds in the city. I also like to be able to piss off of the front porch and not have to worry about taking a ride downtown in the back of a cop car.

Don't knock the country life, it's clear you've never lived on a farm, felt the sting of a frosty morning, watching a whitetail buck and jockeying for a clean shot, or smelled the fresh crisp rain of a spring thunderstorm.

To be fair, I've spent a lot of time big cities, and simply raged and fussed until I could get my ass back home. This particular piece of ground I'm on....I've got ties to this land. My earliest memories are here. I expect to die here, and it would suit me fine to sleep eternally somewhere up north, my carcass nourishing a tree or the like. The lack of crime is a huge bonus. What crime there is can be swiftly dealt with on my own, with a Walther or Mossberg. Of course, in Chicago, you can't hardly call yourself a gun owner AND a law abiding citizen without some distortion of truth. That's any big city, but the Windy City....yeah, Killville.
    Most of my talk is about the "country" kids who have never shot at an animal, but wear camo. The kids who have lifted trucks with off road tires that never leave the pavement other than to roll coal on people. The numbnuts who have no idea what a hard day of work is like, yet act like they "work" on a farm.

There is plenty of actual country living in Maryland, but you never meet anyone who lives the life because they're living the life away from the general population.
    It's Gumby's fault.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderbirdSport302 View Post
    No. But there are rotten apples under every tree, however, as someone from the other side, who is more at home in a deer stand or in the cab of a Case 1370, the idea of being IN the big city is, in the kindest wording, fucking awful. And I lived for 4 and half years in Springfield Missouri.

As above, not everyone likes the constant noise, stink, traffic, crime, and dope one finds in the city. I also like to be able to piss off of the front porch and not have to worry about taking a ride downtown in the back of a cop car.

Don't knock the country life, it's clear you've never lived on a farm, felt the sting of a frosty morning, watching a whitetail buck and jockeying for a clean shot, or smelled the fresh crisp rain of a spring thunderstorm.

To be fair, I've spent a lot of time big cities, and simply raged and fussed until I could get my ass back home. This particular piece of ground I'm on....I've got ties to this land. My earliest memories are here. I expect to die here, and it would suit me fine to sleep eternally somewhere up north, my carcass nourishing a tree or the like. The lack of crime is a huge bonus. What crime there is can be swiftly dealt with on my own, with a Walther or Mossberg. Of course, in Chicago, you can't hardly call yourself a gun owner AND a law abiding citizen without some distortion of truth. That's any big city, but the Windy City....yeah, Killville.
    That's the beauty of our country, you can live how you want and whatever suits your lifestyle, as long as you pay taxes.

I love the cluture, food, events, and people that come with living in cites. Hell I can walk to the grocery store if I want. My family has property in rural Michigan, in a small farming town of about 4500 people. It's ok for a bit but I get bored. There's not much to do, at least things that I find interesting. Being raised in an environment usually gives you a set of expectations, and most people stick with those the rest of their lives. It's more comfortable, at least to me, to live in large cities as I was born in one. As far as firearm ownership there's legal ways to do that anywhere in the country , trust me. It's our right .

As far as violence/drug dealing goes it's confined to a certain area or neighborhoods in most cities. Avoid those areas and nothing eventful really happens to you. On the bright side in a nuclear war the city is the best place to be. Instant vaporization. Rather have that then radiation poisoning and having to live through mad max land
    '88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Edelbrock 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF, 30lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, AOD with 2800 PI converter, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 31 spline Traction-Lok, 31 spline Moser axles, 04 Cobra front arms, Maximum Motorsports extreme duty rear arms, subframes.
    '11 Focus, '12 Mustang 3.7, '17 Accord EX-L V6

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Gee thanks, now I have TARBO FEVAR again.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thunderjet302 View Post
    That's the beauty of our country, you can live how you want and whatever suits your lifestyle, as long as you pay taxes.

I love the cluture, food, events, and people that come with living in cites. Hell I can walk to the grocery store if I want. My family has property in rural Michigan, in a small farming town of about 4500 people. It's ok for a bit but I get bored. There's not much to do, at least things that I find interesting. Being raised in an environment usually gives you a set of expectations, and most people stick with those the rest of their lives. It's more comfortable, at least to me, to live in large cities as I was born in one. As far as firearm ownership there's legal ways to do that anywhere in the country , trust me. It's our right .

As far as violence/drug dealing goes it's confined to a certain area or neighborhoods in most cities. Avoid those areas and nothing eventful really happens to you. On the bright side in a nuclear war the city is the best place to be. Instant vaporization. Rather have that then radiation poisoning and having to live through mad max land
    I highlighted that sentence you said because it is so true.

I still live in the area I was born and raised. I have taken several road trips around the country and there were many times that I have thought "Man, I wish I lived here", but in the end, SW Michigan just feels like home. I'm a little more than 100 miles from Chicago. We make many trips there throughout the year and enjoy what the city has to offer; but just like you find yourself bored when your are out of the city, after a few days of visiting I find myself happy to be back home in my quiet rural town away from it all.
    1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed
    One of 1,246 built

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

All good points, and sorry if I came off as assholish in my prior post, was extremely tired and admittedly, not in the most graceful of moods LOL.

I'm about an hour and a half from Whiteman AFB (where the B2 bombers are "kept") so if the NORKS get their delivery system sorted, and decide to be (even more) ignorant, I'm placing extreme doubts on the survival times in this area. Not to mention, fallout from there will be here within hours, going by prevaling winds alone.

I don't wear camo, except when turkey hunting. Seeing hundreds of people wearing orange coats, hats, shirts while eating out during deer season makes me want to laugh. Posers. What ya gonna do....drop an 11 pointer while chawing down that big mac 'n fries? LOL...

Music wise...tractor rap sucks. 99% of country music in my ear was made before I was 12 years old, some Alan Jackson Brooks and Dunn excepted. I'm the guy in muddy jeans, ripped t shirt with no sleeves pickin' up small bales while listening to pantera, then a pink floyd song, then something off of "Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound. And I know every goddamn word to 'em all. LOL.

Although.....I would appreciate being close to a big city-sized bookstore about once a week. And a by god Hardee's.
    '87 Mustang notch; 5 lug, PBR calipers, 3.55 gears, SFC's, mild 5.0 with '40P's, Cobra intake, E cam, BBK headers and X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust.
    "still slower than your grandma's scooter"..

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Meh it's fine. We're all adults, at least physically .

How's the Turbo Coupe coming along? Sorry I derailed your thread....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Edelbrock 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF, 30lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, AOD with 2800 PI converter, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 31 spline Traction-Lok, 31 spline Moser axles, 04 Cobra front arms, Maximum Motorsports extreme duty rear arms, subframes.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thunderjet302 View Post
    Meh it's fine. We're all adults, at least physically .
    Heh, I resemble that remark! Yeh, the threado derailmento is partially mine too LOL.
    '87 Mustang notch; 5 lug, PBR calipers, 3.55 gears, SFC's, mild 5.0 with '40P's, Cobra intake, E cam, BBK headers and X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust.
    "still slower than your grandma's scooter"..

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Thread derailments aren't a problem at all. Once I actually have more pictures and tech to add, I intend on adding a table of contents to the first post with links to each post.

I'm at a tough point right now. I'm thinking about doing things in stages. For example, I have a set of SN95 spindles, SN95 springs, Maximum Motorsports camber/caster plates, and some of Chucks shock mounts. I can get the PBR front brakes fairly inexpensively, and land some SN95 axles and and brakes for the rear fairly easily. I could also get some stock replacement Mustang shocks/struts and front control arms to replace the worn out stuff on the car(rear shocks are new). The issue lies in that I want Koni's, MM rear control arms, front coil overs, panhard bar and torque arm, which would require replacing things twice. The dilemma becomes, do I want to have something pretty nice now and wait just a little longer for something badass later, or do I want to just wait it out.

I'm already pretty sure as to which direction I'm going to take because of my lack of patience.
    It's Gumby's fault.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

I'd do all the conventional stuff for now (including the MM rear control arms) and go coil over front and rear later, if you really want to.