Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ignition coil replace?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

My timing chain was stupid stretched and it still ran fine. 260k miles on it.

Feedback Score

Ok I'll leave the timing chain for now just had my yearly mot and failed on high co2 emissions 5.3% (4.5%max).smog pump bypassed and de-cat.changed the oil,air filter is clean and ignition timing spot on.only thing I can find out of spec are both injectors show 2.4ohms a little higher than they should be.both tests show 11 pass.changed the o2 sensors since last year's test(4.1% pass).don't know what else I can do to get the level down.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by mr glee View Post
    Ok I'll leave the timing chain for now just had my yearly mot and failed on high co2 emissions 5.3% (4.5%max).smog pump bypassed and de-cat.changed the oil,air filter is clean and ignition timing spot on.only thing I can find out of spec are both injectors show 2.4ohms a little higher than they should be.both tests show 11 pass.changed the o2 sensors since last year's test(4.1% pass).don't know what else I can do to get the level down.
    Fix the smog pump and install a cat, it'll likely pass emissions... May pass with just the pump reconnected, though once it's known the cat is gone, they'll probably can you on a visual... Don't worry about injector resistance, they vary somewhat and aftermarket rarely are same as orig...

My other rides (that actually do run & drive)

1969 Fairlane Cobra 428CJ 4-Speed

1972 Comet GT - 306 C4

Feedback Score

Smog pump is now back on and the death rattle is back.car is pre-cat regulated due to its age and it passed​ it's last two mot's with smog bypassed and decatted 2015 3.57% 2016 4.1%.when it had the cat and smog running it was 0.14% .retest on Monday will find out then.

Feedback Score

Just passed the emission test was co 5.3% with smog pump connected now 0.24% very happy with that now to take it off again as bearings are badly worn I need it for next year thanks for the help.