Thread: Drivers side mirror glass removal

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default Drivers side mirror glass removal

Question:How do you remove just the mirror glass from the driver's side?Do you have to remove the door panel or is there an easier way for just the mirror glass?Its an 87 w/power mirrors.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Push the mirror around. There are three large Philips head screws behind the glass if i remeber correctly.

You can also simply unbolt the mirror from inside the car. Unscrew the single screw in the little triangle trim piece near the mirror from inside the car. Can't remeber where the clip is for the wiring, i wanna say its behind the door panel though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcassity
    I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
    Hooligans!
    1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
    1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
    1986 cougar.
    lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks very much.I appreciate the information.��

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

You'll need to remove the door panel to get to the power window connector. It's about half way down the door.
    '88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Edelbrock 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF, 30lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, AOD with 2800 PI converter, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 31 spline Traction-Lok, 31 spline Moser axles, 04 Cobra front arms, Maximum Motorsports extreme duty rear arms, subframes.
    '11 Focus, '12 Mustang 3.7, '17 Accord EX-L V6

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

You can remove just the glass by pushing the part of the mirror glass by where it mounts to the door. Carefully but firmly grasp the mirror glass and pull it out with a snap. I've removed several that way without harm to the glass or my fingers.

86' T/C 2.3L
    86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
    04' Monte Carlo 3.4L
    16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo