Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engine Mounts

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Default Engine Mounts

Now that Chuck is out of the business of making badass shit, who do I turn to for engine mounts? I've recently started hearing the safeties on my hydraulic mounts banging over bumps and moving into and out of WOT. For mercy's sake help me.
    1988 Thunderbird 5.0
    GT40P, TFS-1, KB domes, 30#, MAF conversion, Explorer GT40 Upper/Lower, Smog delete, Wide Ratio AOD Mod, Unlocked Speedo, 3G Charging System Upgrade, Hi-Torque Mini Starter, 3.73 LSD, BBK 1 5/8 unequal headers, H-Pipe.

88 Thunderbird/Cougar EVTM
    (Thanks to Trinom for hosting)

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

we pulled the pins on my son's bird before yanking the motor,

to my surprise the lower half of each mount stayed behind. the engine was not connnected to the car!

I see the rubber is still for sale,

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by TheFoeYouKnow View Post
    Now that Chuck is out of the business of making badass shit, who do I turn to for engine mounts? I've recently started hearing the safeties on my hydraulic mounts banging over bumps and moving into and out of WOT. For mercy's sake help me.
    On my 87 Bird with the 302, while I had the engine out, I had a little extra time so I went ahead and had my buddy cut the mount stands off the K and weld the Mustang ones in their place that I had cut off a fox Mustang K member I picked up at a swap meet for $20 a long time ago. They fit perfectly to the Kmember and it cost me $40 for the welding work.

It now uses regular Fox mustang mounts or I could upgrade to the Energy Suspension ones later. And now there's room for long tube headers without hitting the engine mounts.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

buy a welder

Demon- 87 LX 302, E7's, ARP bolts, Mallory Unilite Distributor, MSD 6A, Edelbrock Performer Intake, Edelbrock 600 Carb, Flowtech Lts, 5Speed, 8.8w/3.55's, Granatelli Tube K-Member & LCA's, Coil Overs, KYB 4ways, CHE arms, 3" rear drop springs, BBK C/C Plates, Fuel Cell, Bat. Relocation, Mac Mufflers, Stinger Tails, Sunpro gauges, Custom Lip Spoiler
    88 LX-Mostly stock, headers, h-pipe, flowmaster 40's and that's about it

Feedback Score
    135 (100%)

I have a set of the mounts, they need the fasteners and cushions, but I have the tops and bottom pieces.
    '88 Sport--T-5,HURST shifter,TMoss GT-40 intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,70mm t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster 40's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels,Mass Air, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

The problem I have is that the rubber part is filled with oil to dampen NVH, and one is ruptured. I want something more like a plain rubber engine mount. Or poly.
    1988 Thunderbird 5.0
    GT40P, TFS-1, KB domes, 30#, MAF conversion, Explorer GT40 Upper/Lower, Smog delete, Wide Ratio AOD Mod, Unlocked Speedo, 3G Charging System Upgrade, Hi-Torque Mini Starter, 3.73 LSD, BBK 1 5/8 unequal headers, H-Pipe.

88 Thunderbird/Cougar EVTM
    (Thanks to Trinom for hosting)

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

take a look at the material used on loading docs.
    the big hunks of black rubber chunks made for simi rigs to bump into.

that would amost dupicate what chuck stuffed into his mounts.

i think i may be the last guy to install a set of his mounts... never bought a set for me,, but my boys are happy.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

I've got solid rubber cushions in the stock mounts. I haven't broken them yet.
    '88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Edelbrock 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF, 30lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, AOD with 2800 PI converter, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 31 spline Traction-Lok, 31 spline Moser axles, 04 Cobra front arms, Maximum Motorsports extreme duty rear arms, subframes.
    '11 Focus, '12 Mustang 3.7, '17 Accord EX-L V6

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

I guess no one has read the other post.

A new vendor is pending. I won't speak to any details on the timeline, as they will have things to sort out.

Fear not, true believers. The mounts will be reborn.
    Long live the 4-eyes! - '83 Tbird Turbo

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck W View Post
    I guess no one has read the other post.

A new vendor is pending. I won't speak to any details on the timeline, as they will have things to sort out.

Fear not, true believers. The mounts will be reborn.
    thats good news.

i opened up my type 6 mounts,,
    one thing i noticed was there was not a way for me to tell which was left or right.

i have a few pics in my engine swapping thread.. the mounts are set as to how i think they go.