Thread: 2017 Junkyard finds

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Default 2017 Junkyard finds

I haven't been to many junkyards in the last few years mainly because of the lack of cars that I care about. In the four years I lived in Nebraska there was only a handful of cars that came through the pick a part junkyard. Not like in Las Vegas where there was usually 10+ fox cars to pick from. Hopefully Ohio is better than Nebraska.

Anyway, I found this today. 88 Cougar.

1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
    2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
    2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

My 88 with the grey interior, also has a red drivers seat belt, funny. Those grey door handle pull screw covers would be outstanding for me.....
    Mike

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

I'll grab them next time I'm out there.
    1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi

Feedback Score
    135 (100%)

How much would door panels cost? I could sure use those.
    '88 Sport--T-5,HURST shifter,TMoss GT-40 intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,70mm t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster 40's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels,Mass Air, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

I'm not sure. Should I grab them if I go back out there?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Loaded87IROC View Post
    I haven't been to many junkyards in the last few years mainly because of the lack of cars that I care about. In the four years I lived in Nebraska there was only a handful of cars that came through the pick a part junkyard. Not like in Las Vegas where there was usually 10+ fox cars to pick from. Hopefully Ohio is better than Nebraska.

Anyway, I found this today. 88 Cougar.

It is amazing to me that there are so few fox Birds and Cats running around in NE Ohio. When I was looking for a car, the only thing I found in NE Ohio was the odd rust bucket here and there. I'm getting a bit old to do any junkyard diving anymore, but parts seem scarce. On the other hand, I also own a Maverick and parts are waaay easier to come by. My car came out of Oregon and was rust free, so luckily, I didn't need a lot.