Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Wimpy", my '88 F-250 4x4 "custom"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Pretty sure the 92 up trucks all had stainless lines, all of mine have been. If the connections are the same could be worth the effort to get a set from a salvage yard. I sourced a set for my 85 F350 when I changed it over to fuel injection. The yard let me have them, but I pulled them and it wasn't pleasant.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bodyman View Post
    Pretty sure the 92 up trucks all had stainless lines, all of mine have been. If the connections are the same could be worth the effort to get a set from a salvage yard. I sourced a set for my 85 F350 when I changed it over to fuel injection. The yard let me have them, but I pulled them and it wasn't pleasant.
    yeah pulling fuel lines of a junkyard truck sounds like fun, lol. The rubber hose doesn't sound like a good idea. I just wish Napa or somewhere carried replacement hard plastic hoses like the OEM ones...
    '88 'bird, 1-family owned, original 302 converted to HO, T-5 swap, CHE upper/lower control arms, weld-in SFC's, BBK shorty headers & O/R H-pipe, Dynomax mufflers, fox GT tailpipes, Turbo Coupe 8.8 w/3.73's, 11" front brakes, lowered, Tokico Blue shocks/struts, Chuck W shock adapters and motor mounts, 15:1 rack & PS pump, custom alum. driveshaft, chrome '93 Cobra wheels, Falken tires, 20% tint, close to 190,000 miles!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Sounds like I've found rust free doors and front clip for Wimpy. If everything works out I should be snagging them up this Wednesday. I've been driving the truck quite a bit this summer...especially since the A/C crapped out on my bird a couple weeks ago.
    '88 'bird, 1-family owned, original 302 converted to HO, T-5 swap, CHE upper/lower control arms, weld-in SFC's, BBK shorty headers & O/R H-pipe, Dynomax mufflers, fox GT tailpipes, Turbo Coupe 8.8 w/3.73's, 11" front brakes, lowered, Tokico Blue shocks/struts, Chuck W shock adapters and motor mounts, 15:1 rack & PS pump, custom alum. driveshaft, chrome '93 Cobra wheels, Falken tires, 20% tint, close to 190,000 miles!