Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's been a tough year

Feedback Score

Default It's been a tough year

As you guys may know, I lost my brother in a car accident last year on Valentine's Day.

Last night, my mother passed away last night due to depression/suicide. I don't really have words, but things are just numb right now.
    '88 Thunderbird LX 5.0
    Engine: FR B303 cam, GT40P heads w/ Trickflow valve springs, Explorer upper/lower intake, SR cold air intake w/ MAF
    Exhaust: shorty headers, BBK O-R X-pipe, glasspacks turned down
    Misc: 8.8 rear, Saleen SC replicas 17x8/17x10, Mach 1 front springs/SN95 rear springs

Feedback Score

Oh no that's so terrible and generally we have no idea it could happen...

I'm so sorry and can understand, happened in my family as well...

My other rides (that actually do run & drive)

1969 Fairlane Cobra 428CJ 4-Speed << New 49th Birthday Picture

1972 Comet GT - 306 C4

Feedback Score
    135 (100%)

So sorry for your loss. There's really no "right' words to say. be strong and take it one day at a time.
    '88 Sport--T-5,HURST shifter,TMoss GT-40 intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,70mm t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster 40's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels,Mass Air, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vinnietbird View Post
    So sorry for your loss. There's really no "right' words to say. be strong and take it one day at a time.
    ^ +1

86' T/C 2.3L
    86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
    04' Monte Carlo 3.4L
    16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo

Feedback Score

I have had many friends and family die over the years, and let me tell ya, suicide is the hardest type of death to get over (in my opinion). Sorry for your loss.
    CoogarXR

1986 LTD Wagon
    1985 Cougar XR-7

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Sorry for your loss. Hope you have family and friends close by you can lean on. May you and your family find comfort and support in your grief.
    Daniel

Feedback Score

Very sorry to hear this. Its a very good sign you are talking, reaching out though. Feel free to PM me anytime for real.

I can say I found much comfort in helping others out, talking, and doing some projects around the home that can be completed fairly quickly to feel good about. Im also still putting together a leather-bound memory journal after the recent passing of my dad, to both honor and preserve those great times and memories we had.

Hope that sparks something that helps, will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Feedback Score

Sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

From my personal experience, suicide is the hardest to contend with...you're left asking yourself for years and years...."could I have made a difference?"

Vinnie is right...there's no mere words that anyone could utter to make you feel any better, but rest assured, we feel sympathy and can commiserate with you.

And there's been a time or two where I myself was probably clinically depressed. I tried to drink myself stupid, and did a number of other stupid things with no regard to my own safety or longevity.

All you can do is try to gather as many of the shattered pieces you have left of your life and while not immediately putting them back together, at least keep them contained and close by.

The shattered pieces my metaphor refers to are of course your family members, friends, pets, and even mere faceless names on a car forum. We're here if you need us..

Be safe.
    '87 Mustang notch; 5 lug, PBR calipers, 3.55 gears, SFC's, mild 5.0 with '40P's, Cobra intake, E cam, BBK headers and X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust.
    "still slower than your grandma's scooter"..

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

So sorry for your loss