Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SHO wagon build

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default SHO wagon build

Almost done with the wagon build. Here a few of the highlights.

Out with the 3.8

Used all the wiring from the 94 SHO from the dash forward. Just a few modifications for the rear wiper/washer and hatch solenoid, had to re-pin some connectors where the dash harness meets the body wiring.

In with the 3.2, everything hooked up and ready to start.

2.5" 304 stainless exhaust. Borrowed the mufflers and a few other things I had purchased for the TBird.

Ready for paint

Masked up ready to go

Sealed

Basecoat

Cleared

Reassembled

Recovered SHO seats. The upholstery shop talked me out of leather and used a good quality vinyl. It has a good feel and nice grain so I am pleased with them.

Just a few odds and ends to finish up. I have put about 50 miles on it now. Just a few minor issues, an egr code, and the cruise control isn't working, think it is the deactivation switch on the master cylinder.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

thats bad ass! nice!

Feedback Score

No kidding.....well done!

Feedback Score

Badda bing, badda boom. You sure made that look easy, lol.
    CoogarXR

1986 LTD Wagon
    1985 Cougar XR-7

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks guys.

It wasn't overly difficult, but was more work than I thought it would be. Still would like to do something with the rear bumper cover and maybe shave the roof rack, but that may not happen.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

That's sick, and I love it.
    '87 Mustang notch; 5 lug, PBR calipers, 3.55 gears, SFC's, mild 5.0 with '40P's, Cobra intake, E cam, BBK headers and X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust.
    "still slower than your grandma's scooter"..

Feedback Score

This build is freakin awesome. I want an SHO so bad. Keep us updated please!
    '88 Thunderbird LX 5.0
    Engine: FR B303 cam, GT40P heads w/ Trickflow valve springs, Explorer upper/lower intake, SR cold air intake w/ MAF
    Exhaust: shorty headers, BBK O-R X-pipe, glasspacks turned down
    Misc: 8.8 rear, Saleen SC replicas 17x8/17x10, Mach 1 front springs/SN95 rear springs

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

That's pretty damn cool. I like it.
    '88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Edelbrock 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF, 30lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, AOD with 2800 PI converter, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 31 spline Traction-Lok, 31 spline Moser axles, 04 Cobra front arms, Maximum Motorsports extreme duty rear arms, subframes.
    '11 Focus, '12 Mustang 3.7, '17 Accord EX-L V6

Feedback Score

Very cool build, i had a 95 SHO i bought new in Nov. 96. Never should have let it go. The only wagon more bad ass and cool than yours is this Unicorn: http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/..._feature2.html

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
    2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
    2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks guys. That is a cool wagon, it's amazing to me that combo was factory.

Changed the pressure differential sensor and that took care of my check engine light. That sensor seems to fail, without fail, every 18 months or so. Luckily it has a two year warranty through NAPA. Too bad this time I missed it by 3 months. Also got the cruise control working. The deactivation switch was bad but also had some loose connections and corrosion in the plug at the cruise unit. Down to getting the correct seat trim, some fog lamps, and the correct shift lever with the o/d on off button.