Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annual neighborhood cruise night

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Annual neighborhood cruise night

Yesterday the second annual Garfield Ridge (the name of the Chicago neighborhood I live in) cruise night. Contrary to popular belief there are safe neighborhoods in Chicago besides downtown, the ones where all the City of Chicago employees live . I've seen enough 60's Mustangs, Chevelles, Camaros, GTOs, etc to last a life time. I've concentrated on taking pictures of interesting Fox-body Fords at car shows. They are mostly antique cars now and not daily drivers so why not . There were two '89 Mustang GT convertibles at the show but I didn't get pictures of them. All in all around 80 cars showed up from the neighborhood and surrounding suburbs.

First up my car. You may have seen this one before . And yes empanads are tasty.

Next a clean Fairmont with a factory 302. When was the last time you saw one of these?

Here's about a genuine 93 Cobra with some light modifications.

'88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Edelbrock 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF, 30lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, AOD with 2800 PI converter, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 31 spline Traction-Lok, 31 spline Moser axles, 04 Cobra front arms, Maximum Motorsports extreme duty rear arms, subframes.
    '11 Focus, '12 Mustang 3.7, '17 Accord EX-L V6

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Looks like a good show.. That Fairmont is CLEAN. . Also is that a Cutlass 442 in the first pic? Always a fan of that body style.
    87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter 3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates, Work In Progress....... ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Thanks for sharing your pics Lou.
    Dan & Paula

85 Black green eyed Cougar LS

Photo Album:
    http://www.vb.foureyedpride.com/album.php?albumid=665
    2013 Foxbody Calendar: August selection
    http://www.lulu.com/shop/ed-prete/20...C00F62481AC7DC

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ISTLCRUZ View Post
    Looks like a good show.. That Fairmont is CLEAN. . Also is that a Cutlass 442 in the first pic? Always a fan of that body style.
    That Fairmont is begging for a H/C/I swap.

The Cutlass next to my car was a 78 or 79 bustle back 442. It looks better in the picture. It's a little rough but it's in all original condition.
    '88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Edelbrock 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF, 30lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, AOD with 2800 PI converter, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 31 spline Traction-Lok, 31 spline Moser axles, 04 Cobra front arms, Maximum Motorsports extreme duty rear arms, subframes.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I recently was at an SVT cruise with my Cobra and a guy showed up with a 79 Fairmount with a 97 Cobra motor. He also managed to get an early 90's Mustang dash grafted nicely into the car.
    1988 T/C body with a 5.0 transplant. Motor has a Vortech V-2 supercharger, Edlebrock Performer RPM II intake, heads, FRPP F-303 cam, Comp Cams roller rockers, Power Pipe, LMAF, full Mac exhaust, lowered, Koni's, 5 lug conversion, Cobra wheels, 13" Cobra brakes, etc.
    Dynoed 446 horse/409 torque at the wheels.
    2003 Tenth Anniversary Cobra Convertible. 1 of 369 Torch Red made.
    2012 F-250 Lariat Crew Cab 6.7 Powerstroke.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gtbird View Post
    I recently was at an SVT cruise with my Cobra and a guy showed up with a 79 Fairmount with a 97 Cobra motor. He also managed to get an early 90's Mustang dash grafted nicely into the car.
    That sounds pretty cool. I'd go with a SN95 dash over a Fox one personally.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default Cobra Fairmont

I found a picture of the car.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1988 T/C body with a 5.0 transplant. Motor has a Vortech V-2 supercharger, Edlebrock Performer RPM II intake, heads, FRPP F-303 cam, Comp Cams roller rockers, Power Pipe, LMAF, full Mac exhaust, lowered, Koni's, 5 lug conversion, Cobra wheels, 13" Cobra brakes, etc.
    Dynoed 446 horse/409 torque at the wheels.
    2003 Tenth Anniversary Cobra Convertible. 1 of 369 Torch Red made.
    2012 F-250 Lariat Crew Cab 6.7 Powerstroke.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I have seen that car on Four Eyed Pride. He has a build thread I believe? Very nice ride. I really like these cars.
    87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter 3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates, Work In Progress....... ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )

Lodemia is offline Who wants to make a deal?
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I had a Fairmont that I picked up for little of nothing. It had a 6 banger, but the body was perfect, especially for being in IL. While I was showing a guy another car, he saw it and had to have it. I actually think the market is better for those than it is for the fox thundercats. I've never accidentally sold a Thunderbird!

The Fairmount in the first post is a step in the right direction, but I still don't know why ford spent so many years routing the A/C lines from one side of the car to the other. It's just sloppy to purposefully route the A/C line between the intake and the hood, yet Ford did it that way for years for the fox chassis (compare the Fairmount with the Cobra, for example)
    T-Birds can't fly. Ask how I know...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gtbird View Post
    I found a picture of the car.
    That is awesome.