Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power Tour 2015 pics

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Man I hope to do some of this next time, I live in Pensacola, Fl. I was hoping I was off but I worked when everyone was coming through Gulf Port, Its only 2 hrs from me. Great shots and glad everything went good and made it home safe.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silver5oh View Post
    We did Power Tour also but took my 86 Capri....this was it's 3rd Long Haul: 2001, 2002, 2015. Tons of great scenery and cars, but I feel it's become "gm power tour" instead of Hot Rod. It got real old hearing about how great the generic-motors crap is/was and always will be shoved down your throat. Enough about that though.

Luckily for me, the Capri only sustained it's normal rock chips and bug splatter. LOL I too, surprisingly, got alot of compliments on it. Seemed the farther South we went the more it was appreciated. No mechanical issues for the Capri (ran cool the whole time, used no oil- I checked it on Wednesday and again after we got home- and even managed to average 26 mpg with a best of 29.6!!) but my buddies 70 Maverick managed to eat both rear shocks and Dad's 40 Ford Street Rod popped a hole in the aluminum radiator. Luckily both were fixed at nearby exits and we continued on without too much hassle.

It amazes me that I never saw your Bird on the trip, but then again there were so many cars I bet we really only saw about 1/4th of them!!! Heres a quick pic of the Capri at the beach in Gulfport, MS
    You know I only remember looking at one Capri and it definitely wasn't yours. Nice car! And yeah Power Tour is fairly GM-biased (GM is the main sponsor after all). But lets be honest, in the car world there are truly more GM fans than anything else. I lean more toward ford but I just like pretty much any and all cars in general as long as its cool and nicely done. What I really get a kick out of seeing is something oddball (Studebakers, AMC's, etc). I do dislike "Rat Rods"...seems there weren't as many this year, thankfully.
    '88 'bird, 1-family owned, original 302 converted to HO, T-5 swap, CHE upper/lower control arms, weld-in SFC's, BBK shorty headers & O/R H-pipe, Dynomax mufflers, fox GT tailpipes, Turbo Coupe 8.8 w/3.73's, 11" front brakes, lowered, Tokico Blue shocks/struts, Chuck W shock adapters and motor mounts, 15:1 rack & PS pump, custom alum. driveshaft, chrome '93 Cobra wheels, Falken tires, 20% tint, close to 190,000 miles!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

You mean there was another Capri on the tour!?!?!?!?!

Yes, I know gm is the main sponsor but like I said, it was SUPPOSED to be Hot Rod Power Tour but obviously they've sold out.
    My toys:
    Two 84 Turbo Coupes-twins
    Two 86 Mercury Capri's-one's stock, one's NOT
    93 Mustang LX 5.0-3,980 miles, 100% factory
    55 Ford Customline-I6 powerhouse, waiting on a plan
    95 F350 Dually-KILLER, don't ask why
    94 Bronco XLT-going to be a lowered 2 wheel drive

Feedback Score

50tbrd88, clean out your inbox.

We did the long haul this year in our 04 Mach 1 (Bird sat in the garage ). Managed to jam the wife and kids in there be we all had a blast. Wish we would have been able to meet up with you Chris but some of those drives really take most of the day. Memphis was so hot we checked in at the event and then spent the rest of the afternoon in the hotel pool until Beale St.

Nice Capri, Silver5oh. I love those bubble hatches!

If you're on Instagram I have a sampling of my Tour pics on there. Search Mean90LX.

BTW I thought Hot Rod mag was always biased towards GM? Although, I will say the mag is much improved since Freiburger got in there.

1986 T-bird 3.8 *SOLD*
    1990 Mustang
    2004 Mach 1

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Silver5oh View Post
    We did Power Tour also but took my 86 Capri....this was it's 3rd Long Haul: 2001, 2002, 2015. Tons of great scenery and cars, but I feel it's become "gm power tour" instead of Hot Rod. It got real old hearing about how great the generic-motors crap is/was and always will be shoved down your throat. Enough about that though.

Luckily for me, the Capri only sustained it's normal rock chips and bug splatter. LOL I too, surprisingly, got alot of compliments on it. Seemed the farther South we went the more it was appreciated. No mechanical issues for the Capri (ran cool the whole time, used no oil- I checked it on Wednesday and again after we got home- and even managed to average 26 mpg with a best of 29.6!!) but my buddies 70 Maverick managed to eat both rear shocks and Dad's 40 Ford Street Rod popped a hole in the aluminum radiator. Luckily both were fixed at nearby exits and we continued on without too much hassle.

It amazes me that I never saw your Bird on the trip, but then again there were so many cars I bet we really only saw about 1/4th of them!!! Heres a quick pic of the Capri at the beach in Gulfport, MS
    nice ride, dude