Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost done with the 302 engine build

Feedback Score

Default Almost done with the 302 engine build

tbirdregistry.com - #56919
    Lorain, OH. Assembly #151041
    In 1985, Only 811 TBirds followed Mine

Back in the states and lovin' every minute!
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Congrats, the disease only gets worse from here. Hope it runs strong. Your garage needs a few more square feet!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Nice!
    '88 'bird, 1-family owned, original 302 converted to HO, T-5 swap, CHE upper/lower control arms, weld-in SFC's, BBK shorty headers & O/R H-pipe, Dynomax mufflers, fox GT tailpipes, Turbo Coupe 8.8 w/3.73's, 11" front brakes, lowered, Tokico Blue shocks/struts, Chuck W shock adapters and motor mounts, 15:1 rack & PS pump, custom alum. driveshaft, chrome '93 Cobra wheels, Falken tires, 20% tint, close to 190,000 miles!

Feedback Score

Here is an update, excuse the quality, it's a snap from a video frame since my camera's battery is tweaked.
    Getting kinda excited on this build being the first V8 and American car engine I have done. I find that the parts are cheaper to get on the V8 compared to my other 4 cylinder builds. Though with the V8 you have to do twice as many things, lol.

motor.jpgback.jpg
    Getting close to removing what is left of the engine in the TBird and finishing up cleaning the AC compressor and power steering pump. I need to either do some modding on the brackets for these accessories or purchase some Ebay brackets that are cut and shaped aluminum.

As for my garage, it is small, Very Small in fact, lol. But I look at it this way...when I am done working on cars, the car does not need to be buffed out because I have done that as I continuously squeeze by the car over and over again.
    Last edited by BradMph; 02-23-2015 at 10:05 PM.

Feedback Score
    135 (100%)

Great looking engine. Now, pull straight up on all the valve cober T-handles, and remove the "T" from each one. Re-install it in line with the valve cover. Sorry, but it's driving me crazy.

I hope it churns out some good power. What are the details? What cam, rockers, headers, etc?
    '88 Sport--T-5,HURST shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by vinnietbird View Post
    Great looking engine. Now, pull straight up on all the valve cober T-handles, and remove the "T" from each one. Re-install it in line with the valve cover. Sorry, but it's driving me crazy.

I hope it churns out some good power. What are the details? What cam, rockers, headers, etc?
    OCD at it's finest!

Grand Island, New York (between Buffalo, Niagara Falls and Ontario, Canada)
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    OCD at it's finest!
    that keeps catching my eye too......lol
    ***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****

5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner mufflers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
    Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed.
    Join us on Facebook

Feedback Score
    135 (100%)

I knew if I saw it, then Jerry saw it too.
    '88 Sport--T-5,HURST shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Grand Island, New York (between Buffalo, Niagara Falls and Ontario, Canada)
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

dont worry..it bugs me when I look at my tires, and all the lettering isnt in the same position on all my tires.... lol
    ***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****

5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner mufflers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
    Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed.
    Join us on Facebook

Feedback Score

Hahahah , I have many things to still do the motor, PVC, Catch Can, carb plumbing and linkage, New hoses...you know the routine.
    I do like chrome also, just incase anyone was going to ask. easy to clean, looks nice and I can comb my hair looking into a valve cover. 8oř
    Those T-Handles are solid all the way, or chromed over cheapos and not tight yet. Stepped near the handle, but I can't separate these ones
    and had to add a 1/4 tube piece at the bottom to compensate for extra threads.
    Also only got cork gaskets in kit and they seem to suck.
    The handles actually work real well if I have to get into covers quickly.
    Just finished installing all the nose gear on the engine, AC, PS, ALT, no pump.

Anyway, this is my inventory list that grows each time I make a stop at the Auto parts store.
    I have too many friends at the parts place and think I need to just wave as I go by from now on.

Restoration Build for 1985 Thunderbird, purchased $500 with nice wheels and almost a perfect body and running gear.
    Removed the entire '85 engine w/cracked block, replacing with a '88 302 and changing from SEFI to a carb.
    The car is smog exempt and all smog related items are removed.

Ford Racing Roller HO E303 1.6 cam 1,3,7,2,6,5,4,8
    New seals
    Comp Cams Magnum Double Roller Timing Gear Set
    Edelbrock 1406 600cfm 4bbl carb
    Edelbrock 2121K Performer Intake & kit
    MSD Dgital 6A Multispark Ignition
    MSD 8282 Blaster ll Coil
    Chrome Valve Covers/T-handles
    Chrome Hugger/Shorty Style Headers
    Duralast Modified Duraspark Wide Cap Distributor w/Machined Gear
    March Performance Serpentine Underdrive Crank Pulley Kit, Oversized Alt Pulley to raise voltages.
    FelPro Full Gasket Kit w/One piece Blue Oil Pan Metal Inlaid Rubber Gasket
    Ford Racing Hyd. lifters, Rockers & Push Rods
    Trick Flow Valve Double Spring Complete Set
    B&M AOD Shift Improver / Street Set Installation
    Ported heads - exhaust and gasket matched head to header
    All new hoses
    Repainting engine bay to black

Interior
    Replacing to Black
    Replaced Speedometer & Repaired the gear indication. Future change to console shifter since full console is present already
    Install Sun Tach
    Installing 3 gauge pillar
    New stereo in dash
    New larger Cougar 3rd Tail Light
    Dash Cover
    New Windshield
    Rebuilt the window regulators with replaced motors, lubed them and door auto lock mechanism.

ToDo
    Carb Throttle compensator for AC
    Kick down for AOD - non cable
    New Paint - Car
    Lowering Kit
    Tint Windows
    New Hi-Back Buckets
    Fuel Pressure regulator
    Replace Fuel Lines - Remove the one Exterior Pump and keeping the tank pump until I see a problem
    AC Recharge
    B&M Shift Kit
    Duel Magnaflow short side dump exhaust
    Turbo Coupe Hood Scoops
    Braided Hosing
    Ring & Pinion
    Flush radiator / Install thermo-controlled Electric Fans

I think that is everything, at least until tomorrow.
    motor.jpg
    Better photo, though all the accessories are on now. Car in garage.

OCD This!
    Last edited by BradMph; 03-01-2015 at 03:16 AM.