Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Peaceful protest thread

Feedback Score

Default Peaceful protest thread

I have enjoyed membership in this wonderful forum since 2009. I have some really wonderful friends, learned a tremendous amount of tech and at times been able to contribute back here as well. There has always been for the most part, a certain harmony, respect and decorum shown here, which has made this a bit of an oasis in a desert of bullshit and drama so prevalent in automotive related forums.

All of that being said, there has been a recurring problem and instrument of discord, that has largely and inexplicably been ignored. Far be it from me to tell the Mods, and Admins how to run their site and message board, but i have had enough of it, and several other non trouble making regulars here have as well. I am now along with Paul (V8Demon) going to take a break here and see what happens moving forward. I can be reached by any and all at davidconn1@mac.com or 516-978-5988 if anyone needs to contact. I will be on all the Facebook pages, so its not a farewell, just a moving on to places with no BS and drama, at least for now until this situation hits some kind of critical mass and resolves. I will be checking PM's so again reach out any way you can.

Here is the link to the discussion that has pushed it to the limit: Scroll to bottom

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/...xt-trick/page2

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
    2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
    2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Every word Paul said in the other thread can likewise be said to have come from my own keyboard.

I don't mind when he's giving factual, unbiased help, but to be condescending, much less to a board veteran, is simply unacceptable. I don't say this because I'm biased against one make, or for another. I'd feel the same way if he was strictly Ford, through and through.

I also don't give a toss about owning other makes...hell, I've had Jeeps, Dodges, 4 Chevy vehicles, long-term drove a Toyota, and own a Kia. In addition to having had 2 F trucks, 4 Fox Thunderbirds, 1 MN12 Thunderbird AND Cougar, and owning 5 Mustangs and one Capri over the years.

I respect longevity and knowledge. But arrogance because of those I won't put up with. I too have had some absences from this forum, and likely will again at some point. I just get fed up with the same ole, same ole....same guy always arguing, or posting that "my way is the only right way and you are fucking wrong" just gets old, you know.

And it's not that Tom is complete asshole, he and I have PM'ed a few times, he seems like a good guy, but, I'm not straddling the fence.

I also know when to toe the line, and if I slip up, once is all it takes to be told and it doesn't happen again.

First it was hand written letters. CB radio. Then chat rooms went bye bye. Now forums are the chatrooms 5 years ago....a dying breed. Look at corral, for example. If that place can get sold and go to utter shit, any car forum can, especially one that's for out of production nameplate.

All you other old timers...I say that in relativity, as I've only been here since 2004....all you long haulers...the writing is on the wall. Not saying to click "log out" and forget the URL, but we......we are the last of the dinosaurs....and that meteorite is hurtling towards our little sparkly ball...know what I mean.

Bad attitudes only make things that much worse. Peace, homies.
    '87 Mustang notch; 5 lug, PBR calipers, 3.55 gears, SFC's, mild 5.0 with '40P's, Cobra intake, E cam, BBK headers and X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust.
    "still slower than your grandma's scooter"..

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I agree Beau. What's the saying? 1 bad apple.... It's just a shame 1 person is going to cause this site to go down. It sounds like it might get a little lonely here.

Jay----1988 Thunderbird 5.0----
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/651203

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Workin' on it, guys. Things are happening. You'll see a difference soon enough...
    2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/...-my-stay-here-!!!

No disrespect to you Thunder Chicken, but read post #23..............he may have tons of knowledge, but his arrogance and ego do not belong on this forum !!!!!
    Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I know, I know. I haven't kept up my end of the bargain. In my defence, I don't read every thread. I did not know this was going on until Paul messaged me through Facebook. Things are under way now though...
    2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

And that brings about a great point.

The admins don't always see everything or know that there's an issue unless we get a notification from someone. Please don't assume that we don't care or choose to ignore something...we simply may not know what's going on. Let us know and we will take the appropriate actions.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I'm glad to see that things are being handled. I'd hate to see this forum and it's membership go away due to one members lack of tact.
    When it gets to the point that valued members are leaving it's time to pull the plug on that one individual, regardless of his knowledge.
    41 Dodge Luxury Liner Sedan
    78 F-100 2wd flareside
    84Turbo Coupe
    84 Thunderbird Élan
    85 Thunderbird 3.8
    88 Turbo Coupe
    88 Mustang GT
    90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
    93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
    96 Mustang GT
    98 Mustang GT
    99 SVT Cobra
    06 Fusion SEL
    14 Fusion Sport

Feedback Score

I'm a new guy here, but not to auto-related Internet forums in general. People on any vBulletin boards should remember they have the option of using that little exclamation point in the triangle to the bottom left of every post to report something to the mods / admins that they feel is an issue. They also have the option of utilizing the "ignore user" feature to not see the posts from that person.

But I certainly agree, anyone who is rude and condescending to other forum members should be dealt with, regardless of their knowledge and helpfulness otherwise.

cheers
    Ed
    84 Mustang SVO
    95 Jaguar XJR

Feedback Score
    135 (100%)

I love it here. I'd like to think I have never been mean or rude to anyone here, but, I have had a few act in a fashion I can do without, but I generally just respond nicely and let them choke themselves. I won't list the names of those people, but, they know very well who they are. I won't be leaving the forum, and, I'm hoping it picks up to the activity level it used to be at. It's still the best forum for me, although I do look at a couple more. But this one is "home'. It'll be a cold day before somebody runs me off. I consider the source, then keep moving forward.
    '88 Sport--T-5,HURST shifter,TMoss GT-40 intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,70mm t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster 40's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels,Mass Air, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..