Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wuck You, Finter!!!!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Default Wuck You, Finter!!!!

Cleaned the car.....
    Crappy cell phone pic for evidence!!!!!
    -- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !! -- 87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's! http://www.fquick.com/V8Demon

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Where the hell do you keep your daily vehicle? LOL

1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
    2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
    Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

This is my winter solution from November till May for my Thunderbird and Mustang:

You need a bigger garage. No need to wash either of these cars when it snows. Hell they look just as clean as when I put them away in November in April .
    '88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Edelbrock 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF, 30lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, AOD with 2800 PI converter, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 31 spline Traction-Lok, 31 spline Moser axles, 04 Cobra front arms, Maximum Motorsports extreme duty rear arms, subframes.
    '11 Focus, '12 Mustang 3.7, '17 Accord EX-L V6

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

I do remember back when I had to do what Demon does (for really esoteric reasons...okay same reason, ALSO had a separate car that NEEDED to be inside lol) and there is something fun and smile-inducing about looking at a shiny perfectly clean car sitting in the driveway after the snow melts, among the messy cars and road in the neighborhood.

There is definitely a significant difference in worst-winter-temps between up here (halfway up NY's north/south extent) and LI/NYC.
    You drive down to there/north Jersey and you're surprised at the lack of rust compared to up here. Last winter and this winter have been tough for me to find opportunities to wash the salt from my daily.

....And then people like Carm show us what Canada does to cars and then I'm thankful I live here!!!!

1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
    2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

They've been oversalting here since Sandy. Salt was on the roads from the storm after Sandy until late April that season. Same thing last year. Inch of snow? Hell, let's throw down the same mount of salt and brine we would for 18 inches!!!!!

I don't drive the car in the snow anymore anyhow except last Friday night when it started on me on the way home. No salt was on the roads so no biggie. It's just white rain at that point. Once the salt hits, the car stays in the driveway. I'll hit the frame with some PB Blaster tomorrow. She'll be fine.
    -- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !! -- 87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's! http://www.fquick.com/V8Demon

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

No kidding. That's always been par for the course in most towns/counties up here. Since I started driving. Whatever setting there is on the salter, if there is one, is kept the same so the small storms leave the roads worst and big snowstorms, at just below the freezing point, tend to leave very little behind, sometimes the roads look downright spotless.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Salt. No only for fries, margaritas, and tomato slices (eww, yuck).
    '87 Mustang notch; 5 lug, PBR calipers, 3.55 gears, SFC's, mild 5.0 with '40P's, Cobra intake, E cam, BBK headers and X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust.
    "still slower than your grandma's scooter"..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Get that nice Cougar in a covered shelter!!!!!
    Mike

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

We're supposed to get around 12 inches or so here late tonight through all day tomorrow. I'll believe it when I see it. Most of the storms this year have been 4 inches or less. Even so I'll be sitting at home tonight drinking beer and watching NHL hockey.
    '88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Edelbrock 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF, 30lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, AOD with 2800 PI converter, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 31 spline Traction-Lok, 31 spline Moser axles, 04 Cobra front arms, Maximum Motorsports extreme duty rear arms, subframes.
    '11 Focus, '12 Mustang 3.7, '17 Accord EX-L V6

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

They were a little off with the last one for us because it went a wee bit further south then predicted. I still saw 13 to 14. I'm hearing everything from 3 inches to a foot.