Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: 87 "coug" resto winter project

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

mike i think i will get that one,,, you all are right, it is a tad small.

i like yours because its 3/4'' thick,, it can occupy the room in between a condensor and the radiator ,,, thanks!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

reformed and re-routed my transmission lines in prep for a trans cooler , larger one i will order tomorrow

the objective mainly here was to eliminate the problem ford gave us all with how the two lines loop under the starter making it really hard to remove.

now the lines will route between the trans housing and the transmission dip stick. these are 90deg fittings installed that now makes this idea of mine possible.

the lines are way way really far away from the headers as well,, another thing i had a problem with in the original design.

i decided to use metal lines up as far as possible then transition to high pres rubber lines up and into the cooler.

when the engine moves if it does,, the rubber lines will take up that flex. the metal lines are simply floating on the engine along with the orginal line hanger.

these lines are from my old 3.8L so i have a full like new original 5.0L set ready for use as a safe back out plan incase chance one day wants to use the cooler inside the radiator.

pics ...........

sorry on quality, black surfaces dont like my camera phone
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

highly modified V6 fan shroud used for a v8 setup.
    reason,,, its what i had lying around.

i sorta like how tight i was able to get the shroud up to the AC pulley.
    On the pass side, i was required increase this clearance much further because access to the belt idler pulley is needed.

the bottom is removed on the fan shroud so it can be taken out easily for all the reasons we already know

to compensate, i will fab up a new piece of plastic that mounts directly to the bottom of the home made lower radiator core support,,, this will solve the issues of what i have done here to protect against debris hitting the fan from underneath.

i am becoming sorta frustrated with noticing all the little small things... for instance on this post.....

did you know that the fan shroud opening is not a circle? its an elipse!!!! or oval so to speak.
    on this fan shroud the round opening facing the engine is 19'' top to bottom. Side to side the opening is 21'' !!!

Trimming away engine facing side of the fan shroud was kinda complicated ,, meaning that as you remove plastic , you dont just take off the same amount all the way around. If you do your cut will not look "level".,, or straight.

one other thing i like about using this v6 shroud,, its size physically balances out better with the engine size.
    Last edited by jcassity; 05-02-2018 at 08:07 AM.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

here is an original upper radiator hose,, nos with the sticker!!!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

i mounted the fan shroud to the rad a tad different. clips put on the shroud then short bolts , looks cleaner to me.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

with the trans dip stick installed this is the way the supply / rtn lines look all tucked in.
    now there is nothing but open space for the exhaust to travel downward.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

wanted,,, anyone with hose clamps that have ford logo on them....

i used a junk yard crayon to smoodge in color into the logo stamping then quickly wiped away the excess to reveal a nice looking touch.
    did this to every hose clamp with ford on it.
    Last edited by jcassity; 05-03-2018 at 06:03 AM.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

i looked left, i looked right,, i had no dipstick for this motor!!!!!! the one i had is for an explorer 96',, and that certainly wont work being two piece tube and all.

had a truck dipstick and tube.

i trimmed down both ends of the tube using my 20th dipstick as a template.

i then engraved new add/max markings on the dipstick then trimmed off the excess. its all good now.
    the truck handle was white, so i painted it yellow for a proper look.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

got a few parts on order to wrap up the engine bay, then its back to the gas tank fill neck, then fluids, then EEC, then start up with temp exhaust out the garage door.