Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 87 "coug" resto winter project

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

If those are all stock HO cams just pick the best looking one and run it. There isn't much of a difference between them.
    '88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Edelbrock 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF, 30lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, AOD with 2800 PI converter, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 31 spline Traction-Lok, 31 spline Moser axles, 04 Cobra front arms, Maximum Motorsports extreme duty rear arms, subframes.
    '11 Focus, '12 Mustang 3.7, '17 Accord EX-L V6

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I went through my cams (4)
    2) sd non-ho cams ended up being lobe angled different from the other two which came from:

kitz kat- 1) ho cam but I need to dig into my pm's or other threads to find out what year it is.
    thefoeyouknow- 1) ho cam but I need to dig into my pm's or other threads to find out what year it is.

at this point the focus is on rust mitigation and preservation.
    metal repair to the lower core support
    under side of car is full of 28 years of oil leaks caked on about 1/8'' thick and all black... its acting like undercoating.

we will move from the front frame work to the rear, drop the tank to expose corrosion in back.

we will move on to door and trunk repair next

Fenders will come next blast and repair from about 4 deer collisions and past repairs I have done.

next is exterior body / prime work and at some point here soon *someone* will have to have made up their minds as to what color we are going.

Feedback Score

Make sure you have a good gas mask I'f your gonna apply locktite rust neutralizer in mass. It's not fun. Lol

In similar news, the drivers side is blasted and coated with. Tomarrow were gonna prime it and move on to either the front or the bay depending.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

Almost done with the primer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Lookin good guys
    41 Dodge Luxury Liner Sedan
    78 F-100 2wd flareside
    84Turbo Coupe
    84 Thunderbird Élan
    85 Thunderbird 3.8
    88 Turbo Coupe
    88 Mustang GT
    90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
    93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
    96 Mustang GT
    98 Mustang GT
    99 SVT Cobra
    06 Fusion SEL
    14 Fusion Sport

Lodemia is offline Who wants to make a deal?
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

This'll be nice when it's done. I love watching one be saved.
    T-Birds can't fly. Ask how I know...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Great project for the winter!! Are going to weld in some new metal when the rust has eaten away and where the log chain incident happened?

Just remember that 302 parts make 302 power. Sell all four of your stock cams and run a cam for a 331 and the heads you have. You are going to surpass what 24 lb/hr injectors can handle so you should really think about some 30's and a programmer or a chip and dyno tune. The 331 will run with an HO cam and 19 lb/hr injectors but you will never get the power out of it you will get with a better matched cam and bigger injectors. Either way you go don't forget the subframe connectors.

Darren

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aerocoupe View Post
    The 331 will run with an HO cam and 19 lb/hr injectors but you will never get the power out of it you will get with a better matched cam and bigger injectors. Either way you go don't forget the subframe connectors.

Darren

exactly... that's the current plan,, I want it upgradeable when he feels he can
    If we do all your saying, he wont be able to afford to drive the car , our local jobs are avg 35 miles away.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aerocoupe View Post
    Great project for the winter!! Are going to weld in some new metal when the rust has eaten away and where the log chain incident happened?

Darren

yes, that's why we are working our way from the fire wall forward, the core support repair comes real soon.
    then we move on to the rear torque boxes after the tank is out,, tidy up back there

then to trunk lid
    then to door lowers

subframes are also in the plan

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

im going to have to think about what your saying on the cam though,, it has been bothering me a tad.

its not too late for this step, I would just have to gather up the MASS Air EEC,, and a paired up mass air meter with injectors.
    I cant afford to build this thing only to find out he cant afford to drive it.

if we stay SD HO, yes that may be lean but an adjustable FPR might help some.

back to body work............