I just saved myself $130 by repairing the fried EEC DA1 and A9L computers. As I refered to them in my convertible A9L vs regular A9L post, both of these EECs had an open condition on the circuit board for pin 36, the SPOUT output signal which I would assume controls ignition advance. I just soldered in some wire to bypass the break in the circuit board, put the DA1 in my T-bird, and was able to run a KOEO test. I started it up and it seemed to run just as smooth as it had on the SSP's DA1. I put 75 miles on it today, and my impression is that it is completely fixed. The lean spots were more noticeable with this EEC, but I chalk that up to the computer not learning any correction factors yet. The rest of the day was spent preparing for the mass air conversion. Tomorrow I'll find out if the A9L is also up to par.