Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Digital Speedometer Light is out!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I know very well, how it works and why I consider it useless ;-)
    '85 Thunderbird TC '86 Thunderbird TC '97 Scorpio 2.3 GHIA

T-Bird / Cougar DIY stuff

Feedback Score

I just replaced mine and it took ten minutes.Its super simple.You can just pull the cluster foward and the bulbs will be right on top.I have 5 or 6 new bulbs from ford I bought when they discontinued em.I can send you one.Seriously Its no big deal

Feedback Score

I got mine just the other day from my local dealership. All of 4$ to replace the whole cluster. Waiting on a new voltage regulator as well, cuz I only want to rip the dash once. I'll be sure to heat sink the resistor as well--good idea! I'm curious if anyone knows a way to change the colour of the cluster from green to blue maybe? I'm assuming the cluster itself is green so would require replacing lenses or the whole unit with a specialty one. Just curious if anyone has done it.
    1986 Thunderbird Elan 5.0 that's always going to be a work in various states of progress...

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno11 View Post
    I got mine just the other day from my local dealership. All of 4$ to replace the whole cluster. Waiting on a new voltage regulator as well, cuz I only want to rip the dash once. I'll be sure to heat sink the resistor as well--good idea! I'm curious if anyone knows a way to change the colour of the cluster from green to blue maybe? I'm assuming the cluster itself is green so would require replacing lenses or the whole unit with a specialty one. Just curious if anyone has done it.
    Jonno, CoolCats.net should have something about changing the color. See this link: http://www.coolcats.net/modifying/gauges.html
    '88 Thunderbird LX 5.0
    Engine: FR B303 cam, GT40P heads w/ Trickflow valve springs, Explorer upper/lower intake, SR cold air intake w/ MAF
    Exhaust: shorty headers, BBK O-R X-pipe, glasspacks turned down
    Misc: 8.8 rear, Saleen SC replicas 17x8/17x10, Mach 1 front springs/SN95 rear springs