Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MegaSquirt II

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Bosch LSU4.9 isn't the best idea I think. It may have some advantages (no calibration required), but has many drawbacks. The biggest issue is its short service life.
    '85 Thunderbird TC '86 Thunderbird TC '97 Scorpio 2.3 GHIA

T-Bird / Cougar DIY stuff

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I am going to run a wide band O2 on each exhaust bank and leave them installed all the time. The MS can take the signal from them and use them so that each bank has its own signal which makes for easier tuning via the data logging. These will simply replace the stock O2 sensors. There are several guys with Mustangs doing this for some time now and like the results and so far the wide band O2's are surviving just fine. I believe they are using the Innovate LC-1's but I will keep digging around to see if there are other options. Not necessarily cheaper, just better.

Darren

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Darren,

I am currently "stalled out" with my EFI swap using MS 3.57. I believe I just need to add some RF filters on the Crank sensor wire and she'll run, but I'm glad I have other vehicles so I can walk away from it for however long I feel the need to. I'm just going to use a single LC-1 wideband for now.

1983 Tbird with '03 Split Port V6 motor swap done! Headers, dual exhaust, 500CFM Edelbrock, 3G upgrade, Electric fan. 3.73 Gears and an FRPP Limited Slip. Five lug complete! 5-Speed conversion complete! Standalone Fuel Injection in progress...

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

anyone with updates.... i remember wanting to go to MS back in the early 2000's but back then they did not yet have a ford setup for TFI ready out of the box... lots have changed since then.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I'm still runnin ms2. Forget witch version. Remote Tfi. I assembled my own board.
    87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow muffler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Feedback Score

After years of tuning the factory ECU for boost, I would definitely pay the price for the PNP version. It works out about the same costs but gives you so much more including Knock control and the ability to ditch the MAF. If you wish.

John

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

If I had it to do over I might go with the gold box
    87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow muffler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Feedback Score

Check my build thread on my 83. I converted my 5.0 from A9L,MAF to MS PNP from EFI Source and love it. I have setup about 5 MS or Pimp conversions on 2.3t motors.

My 5.0 setup cost me less then $500 and does everything I could ever want. Im not getting ready to install a blower on it next
    Brian R.
    88 2.3t Ranger
    83 TC gt40p motor,Vortech,TFS1 cam,long tubes,MS PnP,T5,8.8,17x9 Cobra 17s