Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When is spring going to get here?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Default When is spring going to get here?

I want to take the "toys" out of the box again. All the roads are covered in salt right now . Yes the "boring" part of winter is upon us. No holidays, just cold and snowy/icy. Blah.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '88 T-bird LX: tbirdregistry.com #51801 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp Magnum 266HR cam, GT40 intake, Edelbrock 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF w/24s, FMS stainless shorties, 2.5" exhaust, AOD with 2800 PI converter, 3.73 Traction-Lok, subframes. Stock: '91 Mark VII, '11 Focus SE, '12 Mustang in Grabber Blue

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I want to move out yander but yea the wether can suck

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

When is spring going to get here?

Not effing soon enough. That is all.

With that said...I remember a 76 degree day here about 3 weeks ago. Two nights later, we had snow. Welcome to Missouri.
    A year ago, we had a tornado, just a few miles from where I am.
    2 years ago, we had a blizzard, worst I have ever seen in person.

In fact, just the other day, we were under a tornado watch for most of the day.

It's all Al's (Gore) fault!
    '87 Mustang notch , 5 lug, PBR brakes, 3.55 gears, SFC's, mild 5.0 with '40P's, Cobra intake, big cam "waiting on the heads now"..

Feedback Score

Not a fan of the cold myself, but the winters are pretty mild here, and it rarely ever snows. I def wouldn't be working on my cars right now if I didn't have a climate controlled garage to work in, same during the incredible heat of the summer. They never salt the roads around here, so I get to drive my nice cars all year round, thankfully. Obviously also the main reason why old vehicles last so long, and stay in such rust-free condition here.

Feedback Score

I dunno but I'm ready...

We've had a few days here and there that was in the '60s & 70s, next thing you know it's below freezing or 35* and raining...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

High today in San Antonio was 72. Been in the mid to upper 70s all week. I washed my XR7 after work this afternoon. Got sick of shoveling snow after a career of "Northern Tier" assignments in the Air Force (Alaska, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska) and decided to settle here. Love the weather and threw away the snow shovels and ice scrapers!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

We've had snow pretty much every day this week. They dump salt around here even when we get a half inch. Today we got a mix of freezing rain, rain, sleet, and finally snow with a high of 33*. Miserable weather.

I know this will sound odd but I only like the 12"+ dumping snow storms. They just look cool as they happen. The little 2" or so everyday snow storms are just depressing. I kinda wish the 20"+ bomb that's going to hit Boston/New England was going to hit Chicago. Then I'd get some time off work. I got two days off with pay when we git a 22" storm here on Ground Hog's day in 2011.
    '88 T-bird LX: tbirdregistry.com #51801 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp Magnum 266HR cam, GT40 intake, Edelbrock 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF w/24s, FMS stainless shorties, 2.5" exhaust, AOD with 2800 PI converter, 3.73 Traction-Lok, subframes. Stock: '91 Mark VII, '11 Focus SE, '12 Mustang in Grabber Blue

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

40 days.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Yeah we apprently got about 8 inches yesterday where I am south of Milwaukee. Still have not fired the sled up, no time to ride. Thats the depressing part for me, still havent ridden my snow toys.
    84 t/c - currently rebuilding 2.3T and t-5 for it, gills, cai, stinger 3 in exhaust, fmic
    87 t/c - 88 5.0 h.o bored and balanced, t-5
    09 malibu LTZ - 2.4, 6 speed, gets me to work and back.
    98 F-150 XLT - 4.6, auto, 4x4, extended cab

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Amen! I am ready for spring and some warmer weather.

86 T-Bird V6 C5
    91 F-150 5.0L 5spd
    93 Mustang LX 351C C4
    2013 Honda CRV AWD